Username Post: When to chuck my ink pads?        (Topic#1594715)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Morning!

Before I go on, I think I've already decided to weed out my distress inks. I don't use them, which would be the best reason to do so.

The question that I originally wanted to post was about the shelf life of these specific inks. Mine are at least three years old and older. Common sense tells me to try stamping with them to see if they still work. Common sense might prevail. Until then, how long is the shelf life for YOUR ink pads?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to MommaSaid

I have some DI pads that I've had since they came out. They're still fine. I've had to reink the ones that I use often....

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I think my oldest is older than 3 years and no mould, fluff or funny smells yet.

Have they got a use-by date on them? I've never looked.

What are you thinking of doing with them?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to RedSquirrel

I'll have to look for an expiration date.

The current plan is to snap a picture for Facebook -- some of my friends are teachers, scout leaders, other craters -- and see if anyone wants them. If no one wants them, I will probably toss them.

Originally, I worried that, if I did find them a new home they wouldn't last long enough to make it worthwhile for the recipient.

*****Looking at my original post, I'll add that I do own and easily use other ink pads. I just don't find the distress pads fit my needs. Lucky for Mr. Holtz, the markers do. Also, I enjoy stamping with paint and have plenty of it.

Edited by MommaSaid on 03-09-14 08:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to MommaSaid

As long as you can get reindeers they are still good. Store sponge side down in a cool dark place. I don't have that many TH but I love the ones I have.TH colors are awesome. I have a bunch of mix'd media inx and one color box petal point (chalk). but I have all the reindeers so I don't feel like I will need to buy anything new for a while. I'm using the Mixd media the most right now.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 03-09-14 08:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
As long as you can get reindeers they are still good. Store sponge side down in a cool dark place. I don't have that many TH but I love the ones I have.TH colors are awesome. I have a bunch of mix'd media inx and one color box petal point (chalk). but I have all the reindeers so I don't feel like I will need to buy anything new for a while. I'm using the Mixd media the most right now.

What's a reindeer? I know they pull Santa's sleigh, but are they attracted to craft materials, too?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • CrimsonMama Said:

What's a reindeer? I know they pull Santa's sleigh, but are they attracted to craft materials, too?

ROFLOL!

Reinker !!! Darn autocomplete!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to CrimsonMama

Ah! That makes more sense. Thank you for the advice.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to MommaSaid

I have had distress ink pads since they came out (5 years ?) and they work fine. I almost always use them direct ink to paper to create my own backgrounds and don't like them for stamps. I store them upside down.

Expert
In response to scrap4brains

I have two that I bought at a LSS that closed soon after I found out I was expecting baby#2...and he just turned 6 last month! I don't use one of them a lot, but the other one I use quite a bit and it's in great shape--just looked and they both have a copyright date of 2004! I have ink refills that I use on the one about once a year (before a big crop) and that keeps all of them in good shape and usable.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to HuskerMom98

just an idea...
We have a trade thread that we are starting. Maybe someone (wink wink) would like to trade you for items off their trade list.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15942...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics