Username Post: Tip for messy adhesives        (Topic#1594721)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

This has been posted a long time ago, but I'm sure we have new members who haven't thought of it. Almost everyone gets tons of those small, mostly unsolicited, magazines in the mail that you thumb through then toss. Save a few of those in your scrap room for adhesive work. Just open to the first page, lay your scrapbooking item down and apply your adhesive - no worries if goes "over the edge" because you just turn the page to a clean working surface when the first one is messy. When the entire magazine is used up, just toss it. Saves on clean-up and saves on getting unwanted adhesive on the fronts of your items.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

I do that too. I need to replace my current junk mag. I've been using old Christmas cards as well, the ones that can't be recycled into new cards.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to dwelch

Thanks for the reminder hon I forgot it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to anda11

Great idea. Catalogs would work too. May I suggest re-cycle instead of garbage?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to scrap4brains

Of course, I recycle the magazine afterwards. Does everyone have facilities for recycling?

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to RedSquirrel

Yep, our city distributes recycling bins right along with our garbage bins. They pick those up every other week instead of every week like the regular trash. I just referred to it as throwing them away because for me it's handled by our same solid waste pick-up - just different colored bin.

Edited by dwelch on 03-09-14 03:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to dwelch

I kind of thought that you'd recycle Dee.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to scrap4brains

I love this idea. Thank you so much for an earth friendly suggestion. Here is another way I recycle... I cut empty cereal boxes into smaller pieces so that I can lay a piece over an embellished card before I send it. I make sure the front of the card with the thin layer of cereal box is against the back side of the envelope. That way the addressed side is flat when it gets postmarked and the side with the button, pearl, etc. gets to cushion against the cereal box layer.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Thanks I have used a old telephone directory as a mat till I found a mat I liked. Never thought of using a magazine as clean up.

While we are on this subject, I found some qtips in the makeup section of Albertsons that have a pointy tip. I use it to carefully mop up liquid glue.

sunshine82
New Kid On the Block
sunshine82
In response to southgirl

Thanks for your tip, just a great idea.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics