Username Post: UPDATE Distress Stain Issue - Have You Ever Experienced This?        (Topic#1594797)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Hello All!

I had a shock last night while working on a LO. I use my Distress Stains on most every LO. I have over 30 colors and it is one of my FAVE products. I pulled out three colors and found that two of them, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick came out of the bottle like brown water. I was shocked. Worn Lipstick is a bright coral and Victorian Velvet is a softer mauve pink.

I am pretty confident that I have them stored where this should not happen. They are stored upright in a box so there is no light or extreme temps on them. I plan to write to Ranger Ink but I wonder if this is a fluke or if some of you have had a color degrade or fade? Needless to say since I have so many I don't want this to become a habit!

I did a test of all of my bottles and those are the only two this had happened to so far. Most of my bottles are still pretty full, I have use only 10% to 25% of the product.

HERE IS THE TEST ON MY LABELS SHEET: (you can see at the bottom another test of the Worn Lipstick.

Distress Stains Dauber Test By CrimsonMama

HERE IS MY STORAGE BOX IT HAS A LID THAT FLIPS OVER IT:

Distress Ink Bottles - completed project By CrimsonMama

I LOVE MY STAINS! I hope this is just a weird thing that happened to those two.

_________________________ ___

Update 4/16/2014

Today I got in touch with Ranger via Customer Service on their website. They responded to my messaged immediately and ask me a few questions about when the daubers were purchased and the codes on the bottom of the bottles.

They said:
  • Quote:
Thank you for your note and enthusiasm for Ranger products! Sorry for the trouble with your Distress Stains. I checked out the link and it looks like there could be an issue with the preservative in the stains

So I sent them the info and they are mailing me replacement Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick! YEA RANGER!

Edited by CrimsonMama on 04-17-14 06:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to CrimsonMama

How bizarre! I didn't think they were supposed to do that either. Makes me wonder if the red dye in the mix went bad or if it seperated for some reason. I'd email Ranger. Curious to hear what they say. I mean, you wouldn't expect a reinker to go brown on you or defeats the purpose of a reinker, and there's not THAT much difference between those and the stains other than potency. How frustrating! Good luck!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to scrapchica

Hi,
Yes it is bizarre. They are not re-inkers which are very saturated color, they are bottle of ink that you dab on with their dauber top which is a little sponge top.

I used them to color the flowers on this cherry blossom dies for this LO:

Cherry Street By CrimsonMama

Either way, the coral and pink should not look like brown water. I shake them before I use them. I don't get it.

I will contact Ranger to see what they say within the next couple of days.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Updated above!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Oh good! Faith in humanity has been restored!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to RedSquirrel

Ranger rocks. They've fixed up the VERY few issues I've ever had.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I need to get mine out and check them out.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 04-21-14 05:12 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

I had that happen with a "tattered rose" color- it turned green. It looked like the sponge in the applicator was also green.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Rae_M

Yep, same here they were more brown. Got my replacements in the mail today!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Well I hate to say it but I'm going to have to write Ranger again about three more of my colors changing. And they changed since the first test which was April. Antique Linen, Old Paper and Iced Spruce. I NEED the first two, I use those for my vintage stuff a lot.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Oh no!

I think I'd be sending the whole batch back and getting it replaced. There's definitely a problem somewhere, isn't there?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to RedSquirrel

Yes, before they said it was the preservative in the stain. They didn't ask me to send it back when I emailed the test sheet to them, they just mailed me new product and I tossed the old.

The worst is Old Paper.....it's GREEN!

I have so much of their product they should!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Cloverlady
Idol
Cloverlady

That was so nice of them to replace them and to respond so quickly!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Cloverlady

Vicki, Thanks for sharing the whole problem through resolution. I like that you added it to your original post so it doesn't get lost in the thread.

It is so nice to hear when companies have great service well after the sale. I have been picking up their inks more and more so I am really happy to hear it all worked out for you.

Edited by jaxxan on 06-15-14 05:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics