Username Post: Tim Holtz Spritzer        (Topic#1594819)
NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper

Have you seen this?! I checked it out and was blown away!

I watched the video and discovered that it's not only a creative way to use the Distress Markers but also to use up those Copic and other markers I bought. I had given up on ever using the Copics, but now I'm truly inspired!

What do you think?
Products Referenced in This Post:

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to NMscrapper

Yep, I went and checked it out when I got the email too. Put it on my wishlist immediately!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to disneylisa

I have had mine for weeks and love it. I use it with my colored sharpies and distress markers. I have a few things in my gallery I have used it on.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to andrea m

I got one for Christmas. Well not TH but very similar. I'm ashamed to say I haven't played with it yet.

I must, I must. I want to, but there is always something more important to do.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I agree with you. I thought it was really cool. I want it.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to anda11

I picked one up today!! I've only had it about 4 hours so it's still in the box, but the thing that sold me on marker spritzer tool was the fact that you can put ANY marker in it!!! Now I have a whole pile of markers I was going to get rid of for one reason or another (tips mashed, too many, etc) with this tool I figure I'm good to go with a newish technique without the fuss (and plenty of operator errors) of bottle spritzers....
This one is on my list of what to use on the next layout!!!

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to Sewflake

My thoughts exactly, Sharon. I'm terrible with the Copics and felt so guilty because of the huge amount of money invested. Now, I can finally use them!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

I thought you weren't supposed to use the spritzer with alcohol inks? Or did I dream that? I need to go and check...

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to RedSquirrel

The labeling on the spritzer says to use with a wide variety of water-based markers. It doesn't say not to use alcohol, I wonder if the end result is not that good with alcohol?? I guess I will try using a copic and see what result I get. I have an airbrush system for the Copic's so it's a non issue for me.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

ANY marker will work, cool demo on ranger.com from CHA.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Sewflake

I wondered about the Sharpies in it. TH said you can use, but you know how sometimes the sharpies bleed and it looks bigger than originally drawn? I'm sure it wouldn't matter on the plain airbrush look, but if using a stencil, I don't want my square to look oval for example.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to scrapchica

Thanks for the clarification.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I have a compressor I use with my copics

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Sneezy1956

I've just tried out mine for the first time. I will reiterate that I don't have the TH one - mine is from a different supplier, but it looks pretty much the same as the TH picture.

Copics don't fit in the holder. They are just a tiny bit too big. I tried holding it and pressing the air bulb but I couldn't hold it still enough.

Having said that, I love the effect that it gives with my normal marker pens. Great fun!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

Rosey did you take the piece out of the holder? There is a adapter thing that is in the tim holtz one for smaller markers. If you unscrew the screw all the way you can remove it and copics fit in. I saw one that was from another company but was exactly the same as the th one. Hope this makes some sense to you. I know there are examples of this on you tube.

Edited by andrea m on 03-18-14 06:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to andrea m

I did. My Copic Ciaos wouldn't even fit into the tube, so the Sketch markers wouldn't stand a chance. I guess the pen tube in mine isn't as big as the TH one. Not to worry! Hopefully the TH one is big enough for the Sketch markers.

Ah Jenny
Tenant
Ah Jenny

After I watched the video a few times, I went ahead and ordered it... it should be here tomorrow! I am especially excited because I bought a bunch of copic markers and had given up on trying to blend them, since they never turned out right and it was frustrating. Now I can use them instead of having them sit on the shelf and collect dust. Whoo hoo! I think I may miss some sleep tomorrow playing with the spritzer. At least I can get a nap in before the mailman comes so I can avoid being a zombie at work.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics