Username Post: Trend in your tastes.        (Topic#1594835)
Tenant

Anyone noticed they have a trend in their own tastes.

I have.
I tend to prefer woods, black and white, representations of natural materials (bricks walls, rocks, trees) and iv'e found some papers i love the chalkboard look. all fairly neutral elements.
Anyone else notice they have preferences?

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho
In response to stormwolfe

I really don't like working with primary colors (other than red), especially large pieces of them.

Tenant
In response to AmyWho

how fascinating, do you know why?

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho

I don't know. I have a hard time making them not look too kiddie. Red is also the only primary color that I wear. The funny thing is that I have an orange couch and a red chair.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to AmyWho

I prefer the understated/less is more look.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to scrappercaz

I'm with you on the primaries being like kids' stuff.

I like autumn colours best: brick reds, oranges, golds, leaf greens, and browns. But I've bought a bunch of those pastelly pads with aquas, corals, pinks and yellows and I'm working my way through those. It isn't as satisfying.

I don't like pink and yellow together. Never have.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to scrappercaz

I love the wooden elements. Actually, I love anything that adds texture -- wood, twine, jute, glitter, liquid pearls, embossing with stamps, paint, grunge paper, sometimes ribbon. I recognize that the pages are in protectors and should never be touched, but I love using elements that make one consider touching.

Mean?

bonprof
Idol
bonprof

I love fresh, spring like colors. I also love pinks and fushia. My youngest daughter loves pink. I scrap her a lot since she is in performing arts.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to MommaSaid

I lean towards bright colors and bright whites. I have done many pages with the more muted, natural tones but they seem a lot harder for me to work with. Usually a bright color will work it's way onto the page somehow. My embellishing is also very simple and I steer away from anything bulky or heavy.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to olleharr

I love Kraft paper based printed paper and vintage. I love Distrees stains and mists, dies, punches and stamps. I love putting a lot of elements on a LO. That makes my genaology pages a Challange because I want them to have a lot of interest while remaining flat.

I do get away from vintage when I do a motorcycle or dog page.

Sewflake
Idol
Sewflake
In response to CrimsonMama

I'm with Anne, I love techniques that add texture, punches, ribbon, pastes, edge distressing...... you name it I try just about anything. I find I love working with fall colored papers and those muted girly papers (tend to hoard) like Maja Designs.
I don't have a clue why I find it such a challenge to work with bright colors. Maybe I like to "hide" behind the muted tones rather that "flash" with the bright colors. I also find it a bit of a challenge to work with primarily solid card stock.

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to Sewflake

I love to use brads on my work.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to scrapbookingteacher

I just used my sewing machine on my last LO. I have a Sew Easy but loved using my machine, I will do it again for sure.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to CrimsonMama

I love easy and simple. When I started scrapbooking I wanted to learn to do the fancy, shabby chic, artistic looking layouts. Then I learned and I realized that I don't like it as much as I thought that I would. I tend to go for simple designs.

AudreyLynn
Tenant
AudreyLynn
In response to Crafting Marfa

I am a very linear when I scrapbook! Every thing on the page has to be straight & no bright colors. Black, White and Kraft are my favorite to work with.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics