Username Post: Investigation of Oh My Crafts...        (Topic#1594849)
Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg

I saw this on another board and wanted to share the information for those who were effected. I have always received my items from them and the only problem I had was towards the end my items took a while to ship. Here is the post for those this might help:

Did everyone get this e-mail today...

The Utah Division of Consumer Protection is currently investigating Oh My Crafts, INC. (www.ohmycrafts.com) for potential violations of the Utah Consumer Sales Practices Act for failing to deliver merchandise and for failing to issue refunds to consumers. The Division of Consumer Protection has received a copy of the complaint you filed with the Utah Better Business Bureau against Oh My Crafts.

The Division of Consumer Protection needs to know if you have received the merchandise you ordered from Oh My Crafts, and if not, whether Oh My Crafts has issued you a refund for the balance due on your account. (Successful disputes with your bank and/or credit card issuer count as refunds).

In order to assist the affected consumers, the Division will need to know the following information:

Name, order number(s) and the dollar amount of merchandise not received from Oh My Crafts.

If you have already filed a complaint with the Division of Consumer Protection, you may disregard this email.

Thank you,

Holt Terburg, Investigator
801-530-6654
801-530-6001 (fax)
hterburg@utah.gov
www.dcp.utah.gov

Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 300 South, Second Floor
P.O. Box 146704
Salt Lake City UT 84114-6704

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Cricutgirlg

About time someone did something about them.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to Sneezy1956

Yes it is.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

Wow, I never had any issues with them, but it's been a year or more since I ordered from them.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to Castle Scrapper

Yes, many us were lucky, but I guess sone people had issues. I wanted to post this for those who need closure. I hope the information helps.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

They used to be on ebay as well and got the boot for a good while. They'd have like 500 of the same item listed and that's a huge listing violation and and it basically prevents anyone elses auctions from being seen.

And from some feed back if I remember right they didn't even have some of the items they were selling so if you bought a sillouette you'd be waiting a good long time for them to get enough sold to place a order with the company and then when the company would ship them to Oh My Crafts and then finally they'd ship them to you. They called it "PRE" That's how I took it. Looks like they have hundreds of bbb complaints against them.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Cindyckj

Oh! I think I remember this company. I ordered once from them a few years ago, only to have the receptionist/"customer service" every few days, be told my cartridge had just arrived and being shipped to me that day. Only ordered once. This thread let me know that they never got their act together.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to MommaSaid

I ordered from them twice the second time they sent my order out wrong it was returned so they never bothered to contact me or resend. I finally got them to reship the stuff and never bought from them again. It really doesn't surprise me that they went out of business.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to andrea m

Mommasaid that's terrible! I'm glad you finally got your stuff and did not order again. I was lucky, I just started running into slow shipping, but after reading about others problems, I decided to stop shopping there. It's a shame because I remember when they shipped fast and gave great deals. Something must have happened to change things so drastically. It's always sad to see a company misstep to the point that it effects its relationship with customers and vendors.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics