Username Post: Scraptastic!        (Topic#1594855)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Went to file away a handful of scraps this morning and decided my scrap folders were getting waaaaaay out of hand. So I went through each one and cut down any of the larger scrap pieces into 5 1/4 x 4" rectangles. Those are the perfect size for matting the front of a card. And cleaned up other odd-sized scraps. Sure cleaned out my scrap folder nicely - I still have PLENTY of smaller and odd-sized scraps, and now have a nice bin of pre-cut card mats.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

Good thinking! I sometimes go through all those annoying bits with shapes cut out of them and punch out flowers or leaves until the bits are just lace. Then I make cards out of the punched shapes. It feels good cleaning out the scraps, doesn't it?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RedSquirrel

about 2 weeks ago, I went through mine and had a huge pile to give to my grandchildren,,,,

they were thrilled, although I'm not so sure their mother was as thrilled

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to dwelch

that is a great idea

Scrap Hatcher
Expert
Scrap Hatcher
In response to dwelch

This is a great suggestion! One year I tried to keep up with all the family birthdays (my sister publishes a calendar for that purpose), by sending each a handmade card. I think I got as far as April! This would definitely make it easier!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Scrap Hatcher

great idea

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Sneezy1956

I've got 6 IRIS boxes filled with scraps - 3 for lg/med/sm cardstock, and 3 for lg/med/sm patterned paper. I'm overwhelmed and can't seemed to stop savings every little scrap! I think I need a scrap intervention

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to meezerpleaser

I cut down all of my scraps about 1 week ago. all better now. I have a small bag medium bag and large bag ( small cuts med cuts large cuts) Planning on using them on project life!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics