Username Post: Double sided paper        (Topic#1594937)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

Show me how you use double sided paper without "just picking a side."

Ah Jenny
Tenant
Ah Jenny
In response to scrapchica

If I like both sides, I might cut the page in half or in diagonals and glue the pieces to a solid color sheet, so I can enjoy seeing each side. I don't have anything uploaded right now, so I can't show you an example right now.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Ah Jenny

Here's an example where I cut the center out of a striped piece of patterned paper, put a grey cardstock square on it, then used the polka dot B-side of the striped paper for color blocking.

Easter 2013

nanof8 
Resident
In response to cindy312

I am a lover of double sided paper. If one side is plain then I use that as a matting for my photo then I use the pattern under this. If both sides are pattern and I like I will use different sizes and layer.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to nanof8

On my blog, I linked to a video from My Craft Channel: http://www.scrapjanny.blogspot.com/2014/03/making-most-... Looks like a great idea.

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to Scrapjanny

Also, if I like both sides, I try to have elements where I put creases in so I can see both sides...I make elements that fold over.

Tenant
In response to aubrieannie

Double-sided paper is also great for projects or embellishments where both sides show i.e. mini albums. flaps, slider elements, boxes, gift card holders etc.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Schokoküsse

The two sides are usually color coordinated with compatible designs. You can fold a corner down over the side you want on top (adhere it down or tack it with a brad or eyelet or something else) or cut or tear a hole or "V" shape in it and then fold the edges of the opening back and insert a photo or whatever underneath the resulting opening. You can do this with an entire sheet or just a piece of it. I've seen some really nice LO's done like this.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics