Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Have you ever...?        (Topic#1595071)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

Fell in love with a new line of paper, ordered it and then months later, realized you already had it??? I am embarrassed! I have done this twice.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to bonprof

Yes, I know the feeling well. Not only do I have duplicate papers and embellies, but books too! At least they were only thin paperback books--more like booklets--instead of expensive hardbacks. I have resorted to inventorying all my scrappy stuff and do not put a new purchase away before getting it on the list. That has helped tremendously.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Not paper bot stamps, yes more than once. In fact I have two distressed snow flakes sets by TH now. Guess I will give one away. Geeze! And I keep an inventory!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to CrimsonMama

Not paper here either but I've done it with embellishments.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to olleharr

I will neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have done this...

Veteran
In response to gin1902

I think we've all done that. I know I have--with paper, paints, embellies, and a host of other things. I've even duplicated several Cricut cartridges. Oh well. I know I'll never run out of supplies!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Mimiof123

Hmmm...how about THREE of the same fiskars punch...good thing two of them were clearanced at $2 each...one is now homed at a girlfriends.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Juansmom

Now i feel better. Thankfully, my duplicates are paper that i am wild over and will use. Thanks for sharing!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to bonprof

Yep sure have!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Cindyckj

Not by accident, but for sure on purpose with a few paper lines I love! I know all too well how much it sucks to love a paper line and then it's gone for good when you want to order more....

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to ScrappyMama6

I have done it with stamps and embellishments. At least you are consistent with what you like.

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 04-01-14 10:10 AM
In response to jaxxan

Paper for sure. And apparently dresses for my 2 year old. Sigh. 2nd time in the last few months. Another bad hobby of mine is clothes for the girls obviously LOL

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to poi

Not necessarily with paper, but my daughter jokes that her scrap room is well-stocked with my duplicate purchases! Even with my very detailed index book, I still find myself falling in love with something when I'm without my book, getting it home, and when I go to enter it into my book, discover it's already there!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to dwelch

You go girl!! Lol.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bonprof

Hey Donna, Don't feel bad. I am sure that most of us out there has repurchased lots of stuff. especially if we have been scrapping for many yrs.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11

wow!! never done that but if I HAD

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

WHOOPS! IF I had a bigger ]budget I would do that too!!!
what kind of book do u keep a inventory in?? just a plain notebook>??

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to mindygail

Me too!! Guess I really LOVED that paper. Now sometimes I wish I had accidentally bought duplicates on others favorites too. LOL

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Vivian Lake

got to start working on an inventory book later today already made one a few months ago but have never added to it ... YET!!!
thanks for the good ideamg

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to mindygail

Did you know there's an iphone app that helps you track your stash?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics