Username Post: Glue help        (Topic#1595075)
Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I need to glue some vinyl shapes to felt. What the heck should I use?

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Seaexplore

Hot glue?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Juansmom

Can you run the vinyl through a Xyron? That would put some nice "stick" to the back of the vinyl shapes.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Luvmyfam

If it's too big for the Xyron, I would use a spray glue on the back of the vinyl. Sort of depends on what it's for. Fabric glue?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CrimsonMama

Very good question.

Not sure I have answer. I will tell you that I have tried stitch witchery (iron-on fabric adhesive) on felt, and it 'melted' the felt.

I saw this on J's website:
Ultrahold Iron-On adheisve is a paper backled sheet of solid heat activated adhesive. It uses a low temperature & short pressing time so it allows for a wider range of materials that can be bonded. Use with fabric, foil, lame, denium, felt, suede, leather, wood and cardboard. Machine washable. There is no steam or pressing cloth needed. It will not lift or pucker after washing. It's no-sew bond is three times stronger than any other traditional fusible web.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

I just noticed the typo on the part I quoted above. That was how it was on the website -directly copied.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thanks for the replies guys.

I bet that stuff would work Linda!

I have tried
xyron- no bueno
Super 77- no bueno
Elmer's- no bueno

I got some crafter's pick ultimate glue and it seems to be working for the moment.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics