Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: April Budget Challenge        (Topic#1595159)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

Welcome to the April Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

View Challenge Here: April Budget Challenge

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Cricut club-$15
Copic class-$20
Copics-$40

Scrapanda
Mayor
Scrapanda
In response to tinadn

Ok this month should be more interesting for me! I am 12 away from completing my no buy challenge and am starting to itch to buy something! I should most definitely complete 12 layouts this month so am submitting my budget as $150 this month so I can go on a shopping spree once I complete my no buy challenge!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

go Amanda!

I am here again - as usual. I am giving up on SU - mostly because there is too much else out there I want to buy!

I am gonna give myself a budget though of $50 and my wishlist is gonna be whatever I see that a) I need for a project and b) I can get more than one project out of it

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

My budget is going to be $100

And I have expo this month!! But I really don't NEED anything so this is for exactly whatever I want

There are some new collections i hope to get but we shall see

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Hello ladies. I haven't really been doing much of anything, so honestly I should have a zero budget; but we all know that's not going to happen. I've been itching to stock up on basics at Ms because when I move I will not have my discount. Thing is, I'm completely stocked up already. I feel like a little squirrel stockpiling nuts for a hard winter. Reality is unless the hard winter is going to last for the next 20+ years, my nut supply is sufficient.

Budget: $100
Wish: MS border punch, BG Highline collection pack, BG Highline embellishments, Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope collection pack, Kaleidoscope die cuts, KaiserCraft Honey Chai collection pack, Honey Chai die cuts.

Products Referenced in This Post:

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, have you found a place to call home yet?

jellybean53124
Pro
jellybean53124

Hello, ladies!! My "wishlist", here on Scrapbook.com is sooo long, haha!! My budget for this month is $50.00, so I want to get a couple of things that I can get much use out of. Here is my list:

The Tim Holtz "Honeycomb", frame works die -OR- the new Tim Holtz "Garden Greens", Bigz Die.

The new "Corset Collage", stamp by Deep Red Stamps. So pretty!! Fell in love with it!

A couple Crafter's Workshop masks.

And, finally, another jar of Gesso. A girl can never have too much Gesso

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to jellybean53124

So I'll be living vicariously through Amanda and Courtney this month... hehehe Courtney, I doubt $100 is enough to keep you from busting at Expo!

Way to go Amanda! I so need to do that too...

Kelly - Nut supply... omg, I just cracked up out loud at that! And I"m probably in the same boat there too!

I agree, Jellybean, a girl can never have too much gesso! LOL!

Mine should be $0 too, but that's simply not realistic! There is a long list in my shopping cart that the $40 in gift cards here at sb.com is burning a hole through. I have to at least spend $10 of it this month because it expires on the 30th. Should be nooooo trouble there! lol!

I'll go with $90 this month too... $40 in credit and the rest out of pocket, which I really don't plan to spend!

Wishlist? Everything.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

welcome to our little family jellybean!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

There is nothing "big" that I need…and i need more paper like I need a hole in my head LOL I am only trying to buy papers that i love almost as much as Addie LOL

now there may be something new and amazing that I find I must have once i get there LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Addie has mastered the art of throwing her blocks out of the pack and play!! and looking at me and smiling LOL!!

julie101
Idol
julie101

Yes Im in again please I have a budget of $50

Wish List Plastic sleeves for my alums can never have enough and that's it.

I'm doing so well at using what I have still plenty more to use before buying anything else

jellybean53124
Pro
jellybean53124

Thank you so much!!

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62

I've just ordered the new Artbooking cartridge for my Cricut - so there's this months budget gone.. $135.

yay.. will be able to cut my own lattice and chicken wire.

Angela

jellybean53124
Pro
jellybean53124
In response to ajsophios62

Angela,

Yay!! Well worth it!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hi Jellybean and Angela. Welcome!!!

Courtney, we haven't even started looking yet. Our relo date isn't until 8/25. That will be DH's first day in KOP. We will put this house up for sale first week in July and probably won't make a trip there until we sell. Hoping there will be plenty on the market for us to choose from when we get there.

Sewflake
Idol
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

A budget sounds good in theory but in reality it sucks because I always feel slightly, and I emphasize slightly, guilty every time I go over budget which has been every month. Sounds like I don't take a realistic view of what I spend each month.

I have my monthly kit and add ons -- $60
A Cricut cartridge or two -- $50
Possible trip to LSS with DIL -- $150 (being realistic)
Misc. $50

total - good heavens $310

My goal......... stay well under that!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Sharon - part of the whole budget thing is to make us more aware of what we are spending and then consciously making purchases. I would say you are learning well grasshopper!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Budget: $100-$58=$42
Wish: MS border punch, BG Highline collection pack, BG Highline embellishments, Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope collection pack, Kaleidoscope die cuts, KaiserCraft Honey Chai collection pack, Honey Chai die cuts.

Ordered all of the above from the fruit site. All the KaiserCraft is in stock, but Highline was a presale, so my stuff will be held until it arrives. I love that they offer 20% off each month. It basically covers my shipping. Other than my punch, I am done. Also, some SC Veneer geotags may or may not have found its way into my cart. You be the judge. And with that, my nut pile has significantly increased.

Page 1 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics