Username Post: 'FUSSY' CUT        (Topic#1595283)
New Kid On the Block

WHAT ARE THE BEST SCISSORS TO 'FUSSY' CUT?

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to MBJOHNSON111

I recommend the cutter bee scissors. They are excellent for getting in those teeny tiny spaces, they open and close easily without sticking, and they are SHARP! I dropped mine the other day and they stuck straight into my hardwood floor like a dart. I love them.
Cutter Bee Scissors

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

must agree with AmyWho

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I used to love my cutter bees for this, but then discovered Fiskars softouch. They really get into those hard to get places. I have several friends who like these as well, and have told me that their new favorite is the Tim Holtz scissors.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Luvmyfam

I LOVE my Cutterbee scissors.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

more than just the scissors themselves, it is important to hold the scissors correctly. After working in the operating room, I found that it is important to hold the scissors so that your thumb is in the top hole and your 4th (ring) finger is in the bottom hole and the tool rest on the third and and stretched out 2nd finger. This gives you more control of the tool. Also, try to turn the paper more than you turn the scissor itself.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Unique scrapper

Excellent tips! I'm another vote for the Fiskars microtips.

Products Referenced in This Post:

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to cindy312

I just use plain old scissors from around the house!!!! gotta try the cutterbee!!!

merreena
Veteran
merreena
In response to mindygail

I use the EK Success CutterBee. It has such sharp and fine tips that it's pretty great to fussy cut details.

http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/ektools/Products/Cutt er_...

paperkrafter4life
Tenant
paperkrafter4life
In response to merreena

I have the cutterbee scissors, but now have a pair of the scissors I got in my new demo kit with CTMH
Thereason I now prefer these is they are also coated so no adhesive sticks to them

Example if you cut foam mounting tape, NONE of it sticks to the scissor blades so they are my
go to scissors and have a very fine point which I can use to make holes. they are awesome.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics