Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Get it while you can        (Topic#1595343)
bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

I feel like I am always apologizing to someone about how much stuff I have and continue to buy. But as I look in the gallery,underneith the layouts,sometimes beautiful items are discontinued. These are items I will never have. Do you know what I mean?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Yes! I have a friend who uses a lot Prima resin and always wants more of the discontinued items! It seems like some things go from New to Discontinued overnight.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to CrimsonMama

Yes I used to wait thinking I would find items on sale or get them later. I learned quickly that that is usually not the case. I have ended up spending more to get them later because they are now hard to find. Now when I see something I love If I can afford to I get it right away.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to andrea m

Yeah, I found some EK Coke paper I wanted on line. They were asking $4.99 a sheet. Geeze.....

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to bonprof

Stop apologizing for knowing your taste, the value of being prepared and living your life on your terms! You are awesome and many would delight in twirling around your crafty space for all the pretty things it contains.

Now, to answer your question, I can relate. I don't think I stock up on nearly enough and have learned the hard way to get what I want whenever I am able. On that note.....

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
Stop apologizing for knowing your taste, the value of being prepared and living your life on your terms! You are awesome and many would delight in twirling around your crafty space for all the pretty things it contains.

Exactly. And there's nothing at all wrong with checking the "new products" section here every 15 minutes while waiting for something you've been perishing to get and then buying 10-12 of everything before anybody else can get it. Totally normal behavior. Totally.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Hee hee!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to bonprof

I know exactly what you mean! Every time I post a layout, I'm amazed at how many of the items I used are discontinued.

And thanks gin1902 for another wildly creative reason to keep on buying, lol! Haunting the new products section has become one of my new favorite pass times.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to bonprof

I find it's a good thing to "get it while you can" in order to have it on hand when it's needed. I have a long-term family history project going and started buying anything and everything I thought would work well for about 2 years prior to starting while I was gearing up for it. Now I have my own little shop of goodies to choose from whenever I do a LO. That equals saving a lot of time shopping trying to find stuff and being able to plow through LO's more efficiently. It also means I have in stock a lot of stuff that has since been discontinued. It's just good planning, right?

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Ms. Fit

omg I know!!! I wanted really badly to get the simply renee clip it up but it got discontinued!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! freakin mad about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mg

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to NMscrapper

• NMscrapper Said:

And thanks gin1902 for another wildly creative reason to keep on buying, lol! Haunting the new products section has become one of my new favorite pass times.

LOL~I literally spent more time checking the new products for G45's By The Sea than I did sleeping and eating 'till they got it in. Of course I was able to place my order within seconds of it showing up, so it was all worth it. But I did wonder a little bit, once in a while, in the middle of the night, if I was being a tad obsessive, but I quickly dismissed that thought, came to my senses and checked the new products again. Like any sensible person would.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to gin1902

you shouldn't have to apologize for spending your money how you want to spend it,,,,,,

enjoy

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:

Exactly. And there's nothing at all wrong with checking the "new products" section here every 15 minutes while waiting for something you've been perishing to get and then buying 10-12 of everything before anybody else can get it. Totally normal behavior. Totally.

Oh... uh... just to throw a little casual question in here... have you decided yet when you're going to do your first scrapbook page...?

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to Ms. Fit

Right!! Hee hee. Love the way we enable each other!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to bonprof

I can understand sb.com's dilemma, though. There are so many new products coming out all the time . . . yippee . . . that they can't possibly stock everything.

joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426

For me, it's loading up on clearance items at Michael's. It's a secret hidden stash that is never in the same spot in the store. They massively discounted a ton of border punches like up to 70% off. I thought, "Score!"

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
  • gin1902 Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:

Oh... uh... just to throw a little casual question in here... have you decided yet when you're going to do your first scrapbook page...?

Um. No, no I haven't.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to gin1902

Hmmm, discount section? Wonder if my M's has one. I feel a shopping trip in my future.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

I am like it or it something I like that I have to have I buy it

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 04-09-14 11:07 AM
In response to southern lady

Eh, I just buy whatever I like whenever. Like today I stocked up on several different papers to continue the soccer pages I am doing. I would absolutely not apologize and be kinda annoyed if someone actually said something about how much I had LOL I am still mad at myself for not stocking up on the Disney papers/embellishments when Archivers was going out of business. Boo

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics