Username Post: Craftwell eBosser        (Topic#1595355)
Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

Does anyone have this machine? Have you used it much? If so, what do you think of it (both pro and con)?

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to Ms. Fit

I just got it last week. I got it because I have need for a bigger embossing and cutting area. I have used it a few times. it is a heavy machine so I will not be taking it to crops. It embosses and cuts just fine.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to southgirl

I do not have one but I would consider it if my Grand Calibur ever breaks. I watched a demo on HSN and the biggest benefits to me would be because it's electric, I would love that. I'm getting arthritis in mt hands so no cranking would be beneficial. Also I love it that it will handle literally any die. I have a GC because it has the widest platform and I can cut Spellbinders Grands which are up to 8 inches wide, but it will not cut thick dies. Since I don't have anything but thin, it is not an issue, but a thick die like Sizzix Bigz are not an option.

The only down side is the cost and yes it is heavy, it's made out of metal. I don't go to crops, but I can sling mt GC in a cabinet and this one being heavy and needing electricity, it will have to have a more permanent place. I'm also considering a Cameo, so both will be costly an require space.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 04-09-14 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to CrimsonMama

I also need to mention that it is not as noisy as it is on the videos.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to southgirl

That's a good thing.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to southgirl

I have the ebosser and love it a lot more than my vagabond from sizzix. My vagabond died earlier in the year so I went to my crafty friends house and she showed me how it works and noise was perfect for when I work late nights on my craft so my toy poodles won't wake up my husband. You will love it I like I do. I got mine on sale at another craft store. I feel the weight of the ebosser matches the vagabond to me.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Thaiti30

Thanks so much for providing in-put on this machine. Like CrimsonMama I too have arthritis in my hands and other joints so the fact that there is no manual cranking is a big plus. The weight is not an issue for me either since I don't go to crops (don't really know any other scrappers). I have a Pazzles but am not crazy about it and therefore don't use it much. Think I'll keep an eye out for sale prices. Thanks again to all of you for your comments as they are very helpful.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Ms. Fit

I have one and love it -- got it when it first came out. You can use multiple embossing folders or die cuts all at once because of the larger plates. I did buy extra shims for it to be used with very thin dies. You could also make extra shims with cardstock.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Solitaire

Thank you for the advice. I'm sure it will come in handy.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ms. Fit

Did you buy one? If so letus know how you like it . What kind of dies are you using?

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to CrimsonMama

No, not yet -- will wait for a good sale price. I can easily wait since I have a whole lot of scanning of old photos to do before starting more LO's for the family history. I have lost about 18 months time of scrapping due to a lot of stuff, but am ready (and impatient) to get going again.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Ms. Fit

I purchased this and actually sold my Grand Calibur - it is a bit noisy however, this machine is like a Grand Calibur AND a Sizzix/Cuttlebug combine. I get the 8x12 platform that can handle the sizzix original dies. I love it, and haven't thought twice about selling both my cuttlebug and calibur.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to GwynnAsbury

Very encouraging! Thank you.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics