Username Post: Getting To know People on here through Randomness        (Topic#1595363)
SarahEdens
Pro
SarahEdens

I've been in a really small Texas town for about a year now.. (so small we don't have a stop light, kinda town)...which leads to very little social life.. So, i thought I'd feed the need for socialization through here and get to know some folks.

So what are 5 random things about anyone would like to share?

My Randoms:
1. My home town is where they film Duck Dynasty.
2. We have 3 great danes so far. We take in rescues or surrenders that need a family that is comfortable with large breed furbabies.
3. I have 2 sons, and a sdaughter, and I will probably post alot about Autism, because it's something that impacts our family.
4. I was addicted to office supply/school supply aisles as a kid, so scrapbooking was an instinctual hobby for me.
5. I hate driving, so much so that I got an SUV last October and have personally driven it ONE time since.

Edited by SarahEdens on 04-09-14 04:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SarahEdens

Hi, Sarah. I usually check on only a few different threads and tend to forget to look at new ones. I live in an eastern suburb of San Diego, so we have a few stop lights :>)

1. Originally from Denver. Both there and San Diego are pretty places to live. I love San Diego, but really miss "my" mountains.
2. No pets currently. In the past we've had dogs, cats, rabbits, parakeets, finches, cockatiel, gerbils and a few other things the kids sneaked past me :>)
3. We have 2 girls, 2 boys and 5 grandkids. Our niece has an autistic son.
4. I also love office supply/school supply aisles. I started scrapbooking when oldest granddaughter graduated from high school in 2010. Maybe someday I'll get the album done. This year her sister is graduating, so I'll probably never catch up!
5. I love driving, which is why I go by mrsdriver5 (all the other ones were taken until I got to #5 ). I love to travel, but on road trips I usually do all the driving. I've driven to 49 states, but I'm still waiting on the bridge to be built to Hawaii.

Hope to visit with you some more~Judy

SarahEdens
Pro
SarahEdens
In response to mrsdriver5

wow 49 states?? I can barely be in a car for more than 40 mins and i'm sound asleep.lol

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, SaraEdens, I'm a native Texan, currently displaced in Oklahoma. Long story, I won't bore you with that but in time we won't be needed here in OK any longer, and we are planning to move either back to Texas or to Wyoming, depending on our needs at that time.
I noticed you with your other post about a funny story. You mentioned Stephenville, my aunt lives there, and my great-aunt lived there for most of my life, until she passed away several years ago. Not sure exactly where you live but you said it was near Stephenville.
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm always on the lookout to meet fellow Texans. Since I'm not currently living in my home state, it sometimes helps the homesickness to talk to other Texans, lol.

SarahEdens
Pro
SarahEdens
In response to chocolateaxel

I'm not native texan.. we are transplants.. (from Louisiana, so still southern).

We are in a small town near Glen Rose. We are about a 45m or so drive any direction from Granbury, Stephenville,Cleburne areas..

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

Hi Sarah

I don't make it to Scrapbook.com as much as I would like and I have not posted anything to my gallery here in a long time. But here are 5 random things about me, so you can get to know me too.

1. I am from a small place in PA (The sign for this place actually calls it a Village). It has a population of 40, if everyone is home. It's the kind of place where we never locked our front door, everyone knew everyone else and if a car drove up our road that didn't look familiar, the neighbors would call around to each house to see where all of us kids were and to warn about a strange car in the neighborhood. We had a blinking light at a 3 way intersection. There is a bar, 2 beauty shops, a barber shop, a dog groomers and a little white church. The nearest grocery store and post office are 7 miles away. My parents still live there and nothing has changed in what I described above, except maybe the population.

2. My husband (Jeff) grew up in a very small town in West Texas that to this day, still has dirt roads for the main roads in town. We moved to Georgia in 2004 and GA was not in our original plan but you go to where the jobs are.

3. I made my first scrapbook in 1985 (I was in high school) and then didn't make another til 1998 when my 2 nieces and 2 nephews were born (they are quadruplets). I've not stopped since.

4. My husband has 2 sons from his first marriage. Justin is 26 and Jacob is 17 and will be graduating from high school in June. He was 8 when he came into my life. He now has 10 scrapbooks of his childhood (1 for each year I have known him). He and his brother both live in Texas.

5. Although my husband and I don't have kids together, we are the proud parents of a sweet four footed girl named Daisy. She is a Havapoo (part havanese, part poodle). She is a little over 2 years old and we love her to pieces.

Looking forward to seeing you around here!

Scrap Man
Idol
Scrap Man
In response to Shutterbugg

Strangely enough, I already had random facts posted elsewhere on here, so here is a recap:

OK - here goes.... 7 random facts about Scrap Man....

1. In the mid 1980's I worked as a security guard for actory Gary Coleman.

2. I once had a job at a grocery store as "Kool-Aide" man... complete with red tights and a big styrofoam costume.

3. I went to college on a Volleyball scholarship.... WOMENS volleyball (I was a coaching assistant)

4. I am TERRIFIED of the dentist.

5. I can rip a phone book in half.

6. Consumption... Once in college I drank 8 beers in 26 seconds, I am the reigning Park University Ice Cream eating champion and the reigning Johnson County pancake eating champion.... yep, I am not proud.

7. In high school I would grow my pinky fingernail long and paint it with wild designs to freak people out... I even cut the fingertip off on the white gloves I wore with my tux at prom so the nail would be seen... yeah, a little strange....

SarahEdens
Pro
SarahEdens
In response to Scrap Man

Shutterbug.. your small town sounds perfect.. we are outsiders into this small town... not how we had hoped it would be, but maybe in time..

ScrapMan.. we have some things in common..I have to be sedated just for a cleaning at the dentist... I'm not a drinker and really wasn't too much in the day either, but back in my younger years my sister liked to use me to win her bar tabs.. i could literally pour a beer down as fast as it would come out of the can.. Now the beer i have in my house sits for months at a time cause i only use it for marinades lol.

I can dig the nail thing.. my oldest son likes for all of his nails to be painted with crazy colors and designs... He has more color nail polish than i do... It's an Autism quirk for him, one of his obsessions has always been color.. or really anything that 'looks pretty' to him..

Seems texas is the place to be Ya'll... I have to wonder about you proud natives, cause being from Louisiana i always thought we had the wonkiest weather ever, til i moved here!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics