Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Sad Scrapping?        (Topic#1595557)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I am having a very traumatic time with my oldest daughter. I want to go home and bury my face in pattered paper and punches, but I am not sure I will be able to. Have you ever scrapped during sad times?

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to bonprof

Don't do it...step away from the scrap table.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to southgirl

no I do not THINK I have, I might have when my grandfather died. If I were you I would just take a little break.
Now that I think longer I have some trouble with my Son (age 13) and he is having major trouble at school too, so I guess I have let it be an escape for you if you choose to continue scrapping,
GOD BLESS YOU and I really Hope things with your daughter get a lot better!!!
mg

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to southgirl

Sometimes it helps just to clear my head and focus on something besides the heavy issues of life. I go in my room, shut the door and leave the world outside for an hour or two. If you think it will help you feel a little better by all means, do it.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to olleharr

I think it would depend on what you mean by traumatic, if it's just normal teenage angst acting out behaviors then yes I was able to scrap, but when my daughter was in the hospital and then intensive therapy because she had been suicidal, no I couldn't sleep or eat let alone do any scrapping.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to NMlady

I've created art journal pages about really sad times. I've created scrapbook pages about unpleasant life lessons for DS. It has been a little therapeutic to get messy and tear/crumple paper. Writing about the situation and my feelings was also helpful because it allowed me to think things through and get ideas on what to do next about the problem.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to MommaSaid

I did scrap a page of my mom after she died. She was 86 so that's different from the emotions you are going through. Having said that, it might be good therapy. Scrap something that you would not normally do for fun.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to CrimsonMama

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and thoughts. it makes me feel peaceful and serene just sitting in my scrap room. There is a fountain outside my window.

Edited by bonprof on 04-10-14 04:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to bonprof

I find cards are easier to make during sad times than scrapbook pages,,,,,but maybe that's just me.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bonprof

Oh Donna, I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. I do have a grown dd so I understand about the teen issue. I have scrapped many times when I have been sad or mad or upset. Just being in my room makes me feel peaceful & happy. I am JEALOUS of your fountain. I learned to love them because my mom had some in her entry way surrounded by real plants & beautiful silk flowers. She adored them so I do too. I am glad that you posted that you feel better in there. DO WHATEVER makes you feel better.

joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426
In response to CommaHolly

I think creating art can be very healing and calming. Taking the time to step away from life's struggles and immersing yourself in something you love can bring you a lot of peace. Pour all your frustration, pain, and angst into something that will get you out of your head and your mind focused away from that which is causing it.

I don't know you but you are in my thoughts.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to joshuaminh426

Thank you so much. It is very comforting to have my sb.com family. I did a little housework and then worked on a page. It is very calming and centering to create.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bonprof

That is great Hon, I am so glad you did that

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to anda11

I hope the angst clears up soon. I'm very glad you have a haven to escape to.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and thoughts. it makes me feel peaceful and serene just sitting in my scrap room. There is a fountain outside my window.

I popped in to check on you. Fountains and wind chimes are beautiful for their calming effects. Hope today gives you more peace.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to MommaSaid

I'm not sure that I have ever scrapped during a sad time but I know I have scrapped MAD. My scrap studio is my place of calm, quiet, and peace! If I'm not feeling any of those then I will shut my door and immerse myself in creating until I do!!

I have found that sad can take days if not weeks to work thru and after years all is better and half forgotten. Which helps me knowing that the next sad thing to come along will eventually be OK given enough time.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Sewflake

• Quote:
I'm not sure that I have ever scrapped during a sad time but I know I have scrapped MAD

Oh no, not me. I SHOP when I MAD!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CrimsonMama

I could probably tell you stories about a child that would curl your hair,,,,,it never fails ONE of them has to be a bit wild

you'll get through it,,,,,the one thing I know that really helped me was being good to myself,,,,do something good for yourself every single day,,,,,,

someday your daughter will appreciate you and your love.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to MommaSaid

Wow. You are wonderful people.!! Thank you.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to CommaHolly

My kids are 27 and 28. Never assume that adult children won't give you stress. In some ways, it is way worse.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics