Username Post: did you ever?????        (Topic#1595571)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

did you ever work on just one card so much that you just couldn't give it away.

this was me the other day. sorry i can't upload a photo of the card but i put a lot of work into it and when i thought about sending it out.....i just couldn't.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to cescrapper

I've put a lot of work into making cards and was too embarrassed to give them away.

Did you try telling yourself how happy the recipient would be when seeing the beautiful card ?

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to MommaSaid

I have done a few that were hard to part with. I just make sure to send them to people I know will love them.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

No I haven't, BUT....I have done LO's on photos more than once. Once for my brother. Once for my mother. Once to KEEP!

My fear of uploading the third one is that everyone here is TIRED OF THE SAME PHOTOS!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I don't make cards, but I have worked really hard on some layouts and then not wanted to put them away in an album. I wanted to hang them up. They use to sell the frames here, but not anymore. Any idea where I can find them?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

I think M's. I have a friend that hangs hers. I keep my last one or two on a easel for a while.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Like this:

New Scrap Room By KVRLVN

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to CrimsonMama

Yes!! That looks wonderful! I am going to Michael's soon to get some frames. Yay

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to bonprof

well I am like that with my cards. the ones I work a lot of I think is cute I keep them. Michael's has frames that would fit 12 by 12. I would love to do something like that

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to southern lady

Nope,,,,I spend a lot of time on my cards,,,,,,

and if I want to make another to keep, not only can I,,,,,,,but it will probably take less time now that I have the design worked out,,,,,,but I usually make a BETTER one the second time around,,,,,

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

I sent Kellyban email to make sure that is where she got them.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Yes it is M's that carries that frame. She said they are $9.99, so with a coupon, not too bad.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to olleharr

• olleharr Said:
I have done a few that were hard to part with. I just make sure to send them to people I know will love them.

This is what I do with my best cards.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Luvmyfam

Yes, but I only send the cards I love to the people who I know will appreciate them. Knowing that they will love them as much as I did, helps.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I have done that too.. don't feel bad.

Tenant
In response to bonprof

I've seen pricey frames at Hobby Lobby. I use a cheap tabletop artist's easel (from when I dabbled in painting) to display my favorite LO of the moment.

Tenant

You could take a picture of it maybe...?

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to romawhyte

I always take a good picture of the front and the inside so I can remember it. AND I only send my REALLY good cards to people that I know cherish and keep them... and appreciate how much WORK went into them!!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to meezerpleaser

I take pictures of the ones I send out

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Ohio4HMom

I take pics of everything I make; cards, LOs, off-the-page. It's nice to be able to look through them and show people.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics