Username Post: Overwhelmed!        (Topic#1595595)
idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

I want to scrap about my life. I have lots of ideas about what I want to put in the book- pictures, stories, family history, memorabilia, and more. My problem is I have no clue how to organ1ze this and where to start. I am not necessarily worried about chronology but need some jumping off point. Have any of you done anything like this? Do you have anything in the gallery I could view for some ideas of how to get started? Any help would be appreciated.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to idlewoman

I don't have any BOM (Book Of Me) examples. My only advice is to tell each story as they come to you, THEN evaluate the order at a later time. Once you have the completed pieces in your hands, their natural order might become clear.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to idlewoman

Under the RESOURCE TAB above, there is a TIPS section. Under tTips their is a Book of Me BOM section with several entries. I would review that.

Then I would take it a step further an look at the galleries of the people here that left those tips an see what inspires you in their LOs.

Also, under Challenges, there is a monthly BOM Challenge. It might help you to join that an also look at what they have in their galleries.

I hope this helps!

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to CrimsonMama

I agree with MommaSaid. Just start and the order may resolve itself later. As for where to start, pick something that you are excited to scrap and journal about. Just getting the first page done will get you over the hurdle. When I started this hobby, I wanted to make my wedding album, but starting with the wedding was too daunting. I started with the rehearsal dinner and everything flowed from there.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to Frau_Cooney

Great ideas from all of you !! I will give it a try and let you all know how it goes.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics