Username Post: Please help!        (Topic#1595599)
New Kid On the Block

I need to know of anyone has ideas on how to digitally scrapbook something the size of a poster?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to wapgirl1

I am sorry that i do not know that. Is there a digital scrapping board here?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to wapgirl1

You did not say the dimension of your poster but there are two possibilities. The first is to photograph the poster. I have a tripod and a ball mount that would be ideal for this situation. Not having that you could tack or tape on the wall. You can use your photo software to straighten, crop and adjust the image and print any size you want.

You could also take to a printing store such as a Kinkos where they have large format scanners, have them make a scanned digital copy to a disc or thumb drive. That would likely be easier than photographing.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to CrimsonMama

I think you are asking how to make something that is as large as a poster. If you use Photoshop or another digital scrapping program, try creating a canvas that is the size you want. I just went into Photoshop to see and I made one that was 30x50 inches. Then, you put your images, etc, on that. You will definitely have to have it printed somewhere, whether Kinkos or another printing place. You might find that printer first and ask what sizes they can print.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Frau_Cooney

You could create your image first, then zoom out and divide the picture into sections. Print each section separately and tape them together. You would probably need software that would allow you to do that.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Solitaire

Photoshop would do that.

I'm not clear on what they are wanting to do. Take a poster down to a size you can scrapbook, or, take a scrapbook page up to a poster size. Either way we have covered several ideas.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to CrimsonMama

I think you need to find a lab that will print whatever size you are considering at "poster" size. Then find out their requirements for the image to be blown up that large.

It doesn't matter so much the size of the image you build as long as it has the DPI quality it needs to be that size. I would be worried about degradation of the image as its blown up.

Regardless, I think Photoshop or Photoshop elements is you best choice with most versatility.

Edited by jaxxan on 04-15-14 05:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics