Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How long?        (Topic#1595639)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

How long could you go without buying new supplies and still get your projects done? (This does not include adhesive and page protectors). I could probably go 3 months.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to bonprof

I refuse to answer this on the grounds that if I did, the people who film "Hoarders" might show up on my doorstep! LOL!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
I refuse to answer this on the grounds that if I did, the people who film "Hoarders" might show up on my doorstep! LOL!

I have no doubt that they would show up at my house. I honestly have more supplies then some scrap stores display. Now if you included what the stores have in their storage rooms they may have more then me but that is purely speculation on my part.

Expert
In response to disneylisa

A long time, but I wouldn't like my supply choices by the time I got the end of my supplies...unless I had another little boy along the way and my two boys stopped playing sports...

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to HuskerMom98

Years. First problem would probably be that my pens dried up!

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to HuskerMom98

• HuskerMom98 Said:
A long time, but I wouldn't like my supply choices by the time I got the end of my supplies...unless I had another little boy along the way and my two boys stopped playing sports...

exactly the same here, right down to the 2 boys playing sports.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to boysmom

I could go years, and I wouldn't consider myself a hoarder at all - I think I've got less than two linear feet of paper (including cardstock).

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to aquabunny

I could probably go years but I would not want to. I love shopping for new supplies, trying new things and being inspired from the new stuff. To me it is part of the fun of this hobby.

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to andrea m

I could go at least a year....easily.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Memories4Ever

Two or three.....ok four or five years probably......but what fun would that be?

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to olleharr

Looking at supplies alone I could go a while but, when I do a layout I always seem to not have the right shade of card stock or an embellishment I need, so in that respect I am not sure I can go that long.

On sanity level, not even a week! My LSS is my escape,therapy and spa from a household of boys who range in age from teething baby to pre-teen.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jaxxan

ummmmmmmmmmm about a week

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to CommaHolly

everytime i start a project i find that there's something i always need. never fails

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to cescrapper

Two hours. Tops.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Soooooo funny! Yes, the shopping is part of the hobby. Check out my wish list some time! Hee hee.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Soooooo funny! Yes, the shopping is part of the hobby. Check out my wish list some time! Hee hee.

Pfft! You're a lightweight! The only reason I've only got 248 items in my wish list is because deleted some discontinued items the other day.

Re the items in your wishlist~do move the Autumn Song papers over into your cart~I've got those and they are the most gorgeous papers ever. EVER!!! They've got that faded look while at the same time they're very rich and the colors are truly wonderful. I'm going to my stash right now so I can take mine out and pet them.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to gin1902

I could probably go years but it really depends on how many pages/year I would finish. Some of my past 10 years were very productive with 40-80 pages completed and some years I only finished 10 pages. Actually, (as i think about it), I could probably finish All my pages for 10 years and never buy paper! I have have plenty ribbon, stamps, a cricut and lots of punches to use if I were to run out of stickers! I need a "to buy only" diet of adhesive, ink pads and pens ONLY!

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:

I never thought of it this way!
So, actually, my hobby isn't paper crafting-- it's shopping for paper crafting.
I thought I wasn't getting anything done. Now I see that I was "doing" my hobby all along. Every time I went to Micheal's, JoAnn's, AC, shopped on line...
I just wasn't seeing the bigger picture.
I've been accomplishing much more than I thought!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to leslief

Definitely a year, and that is including adhesive. I wonder if we should do a challenge - I once did 18 months without buying any paper!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Hee hee. I like to smell my paper. I know it sounds weird.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics