Username Post: Why is this taking a while?        (Topic#1595681)
miss becky
Idol
miss becky

As I'm sticking all these little dots down I'm wondering why I decided to do it in the first place.

Has anyone started a technique or something and then thought why am I doing this?

Please share so i feel more sane

[image]http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/104730/view /4192927/-1/0/2.html[/image]

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to miss becky

Gah! I don't think I have ever been that detail oriented, but I will cheer you on! Be sure to take water and walking breaks.

Expert
In response to MommaSaid

Wow! I hope you have a nice pair of Cutterbee tweezers to help you out (or some other type of tweezers...), be sure to post the final result because it looks cool already!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to HuskerMom98

Like they've kind of already said, because the end result is going to be really, really neat!

Veteran
In response to KatieJo

I get those brilliant ideas all the time! My last one was a 2 page lo, with half a Christmas tree on each page. I used a very small punch to cut about a gazillion holly leaves for the trees. About half way through, I decided that I had totally lost my mind, but the end result was sooo worth it.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Mimiof123

It looks great already and is going to look amazing!

Yes, I once decided to use up all those "anti-holes" - you know, the confetti left in the hole-punch. Took me forever. I only did it once!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel

That is going to be so beautiful when you're done. And yes I feel that way every time I try using Gesso on a project. I just cant seem to get it right and it seems like more work than it's worth. There are a lot of things I'll try only once but at least I can say I tried.

miss becky
Idol
miss becky
In response to RedSquirrel

Ahh, water break, I knew I'd forgotten something.

I really like the idea of the Christmas tree made of leaves. Sounds like hair-tearing-out kind of stuff though

It looks alright, I don't know if it was worth it. Won't be doing that particular method again.

miss becky
Idol
miss becky

Okay, i finished it.

Kind of meh. Could see it working well if used a different way but I wont be doing it!

Definitely needs to be done on card not paper. Oops.
[image]http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/104730/view /4193353/-1/0/2.html[/image]

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

I just looked at your gallery, Miss Becky, and it looks like you do a lot of that detail work! It looks great! I don't have the patience to do that. I like to do fussy cutting, but half way through I always ask myself why!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Mary W.

I like your page.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to wilbur

I have found myself in that situation before, where the end result does NOT justify the effort involved.

I once embroidered words on a page, with metallic floss. The floss kept getting tangled and knotted. It looked "nice," but not as spectacular as I imagined. And... it. took. forever!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics