Username Post: Altering a Pioneer album        (Topic#1595711)
cindy312
Diva
cindy312

Has anyone tried altering a Pioneer album cover? This album is exactly what I've been looking for to organize recipe cards, so I want to be able to cover the "Photo Album" label on the spine. What would you use to try and cover it? All thoughts welcome! Thanks!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to cindy312

I don't have an answer for you but do have a related question. I have a Pioneer faux-leather covered Memory Album (the post-bound kind) and am wondering whether I can cut a window in the front cover. I'm thinking it might be possible to take a knife and cut a large X to the right size and then fold those four pieces back underneath for a nice neat edge. Has anyone tried this? Any other ideas about how to accomplish this?

Here's hoping someone can answer our questions about altering these album covers.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Ms. Fit

I am about to embark on a similar project, customizing an ipad cover. I plan on using either spray paint or enamel paint. I think it will look cleaner than any kind of cover-up sticker.

For your project, I would start with trying to cover it was a permanent marker. Who knows it just might to the trick...

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to cindy312

Cindy,

Would these work? I got these to alter four D ring albums. They are plain chipboard/kraft color paper and I want to do something vintage. I can't tell if this would work for this album because the spine does not appear to be as flat as a regular notebook style like mine.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ms. Fit

• Quote:
I have a Pioneer faux-leather covered Memory Album (the post-bound kind) and am wondering whether I can cut a window in the front cover. ]

Honestly, I would not have the guts try that. And the funny thing is, the four craft paper covered albums I want to alter DO HAVE WINDOWS and I wish they did not! But I got them anyway because they were the only 8.5x11 I could find that were craft paper.

Here is what I would do in your situation. I would get (probably from M's) one of their craft frames that are lazar cut wood made by a company called "Simply Surfaces". They come in different sizes but one that is about 4x4 inches square. Alter that with paint if you want or not and then attach it to the outside with whatever photo or label you want in it. I would probably use E-6000 glue.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
For your project, I would start with trying to cover it was a permanent marker. Who knows it just might to the trick...

That's a really good idea!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
Cindy,

Would these work? I got these to alter four D ring albums. They are plain chipboard/kraft color paper and I want to do something vintage. I can't tell if this would work for this album because the spine does not appear to be as flat as a regular notebook style like mine.

I hadn't thought about something like that. I haven't bought the album yet, so I'm not sure if it would work. Thanks for the suggestion!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

• CrimsonMama Said:
  • Quote:
I have a Pioneer faux-leather covered Memory Album (the post-bound kind) and am wondering whether I can cut a window in the front cover. ]

Honestly, I would not have the guts try that. And the funny thing is, the four craft paper covered albums I want to alter DO HAVE WINDOWS and I wish they did not! But I got them anyway because they were the only 8.5x11 I could find that were craft paper.

Here is what I would do in your situation. I would get (probably from M's) one of their craft frames that are lazar cut wood made by a company called "Simply Surfaces". They come in different sizes but one that is about 4x4 inches square. Alter that with paint if you want or not and then attach it to the outside with whatever photo or label you want in it. I would probably use E-6000 glue.

I'd be afraid to cut into a cover too. But if you try it, let us know how it goes! I'm very curious now.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

Crimson Mama, thanks for the idea. It sounds like a good plan. I have not tried the window as yet because (a) I haven't found the courage either to whack the cover up; and (b) it's for a volume of the family history album I'm working on and I'm still collecting the LO's in a binder because I know I'm going to have go back and make insertions and change some things as more discoveries are made. Your idea sounds like a much safer way to go. Thanks for taking the time to pass it along.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ms. Fit

Awesome, I was happy to do so. Post a photo when you do alter it?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ms. Fit

Did you ever alter your album? I now have 10 of the albums I want to alter. I need to do 8 of them for family names. I just can't settle on the design.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics