Username Post: Question re technique        (Topic#1595755)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

A LSS has a display of cards where they used glaze pens to color on acetate. They offered a class a couple months ago, but I wasn't aware of it. Anyone know of a video showing this technique. They said to soak the tips of the glaze pens in nail polish remover to make them flow smoothly. The coloring was very transparent and smooth. It looked as though they had stamped the outline of the image in StazOn or something like that.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to dwelch

I've never heard of that, but it sounds wonderful. Like stained glass, right?

Have you tried searching on YouTube?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dwelch

Hmmmm, I have no idea but it certainly sounds cool.

Tenant
In response to CrimsonMama

I think i did this or a similar technique at a stamping class. We used a blending pen with a brush tip. The blending medium was alcohol based. The image was heat embossed because the slightly raised outline kept the colors in place as they got really liquidy with the blending pen. Staz-on would not work because the alcohol in the nail polish remover would make it run.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to jeferbrooks

I did a Google search for "coloring with glaze pens on transparency," and I found a lot of videos. I've used these pens a lot with transparencies and other non-porous materials. They are a lot of fun.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Scrapjanny

I think "jeferbrooks" is right - they did seem to have a slightly raised outline. Thanks for all the info. I'm going to check the videos and then maybe re-visit the scrapstore and see if someone there will give me a few pointers.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics