Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: **Book of Me (BOM) - May** Everyone Welcome        (Topic#1595807)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly BOM Challenge for May 2014.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to make a Book of Me (BOM) or expand their BOM or just get motivated to work on their BOM. I'm making it a monthly challenge as that seems to give us all more urgency to make us work on a project. Couple it with some of the other challenges out there- Page Maps, Monthly Sketch, Monochrome, Sewing... There are so many & you'll at least get one LO done for YOU.
Or - you could use these topics each month to work on a Smash Book of you - just share your page or pages that correspond to the topics :)

So many times we scrap our family, but not ourselves- as if we are less important. I so wish my mother had put a note or something behind some of those photos of her & now she's gone & I cannot ask. Leave something for the future generations about the magical & wonderful person you are.

Topic 1: Learning to Drive Create a 1 or 2 page LO about when you learned to drive. Did you have to take a class? Or did a parent or other adult teach you. Did you get a permit? Did you pursue getting your license the moment you came of age? Or did you have to be pushed? What type of vehicle did you learn to drive? Stick? Automatic? 3 on the tree? Do you have a story around getting your license?

Topic 2: Color your world - Create a 1 or 2 page LO about what colors mean to you. Do you have a favorite & least favorite? Why? What color(s) do you most often wear? What color(s) make you happy? Sad? Patriotic? Melancholy? Remind you of places? Give you inspiration? Are painted in your home? What color do you always seem to have around you in some way? All in all- this is about how you associate color in your life. Pick an angle to talk about color.

You are also welcome to share other BOM pages you make- just those not on topic won't be linked to the front :)

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. On the right-hand side under the small icons of your gallery, click on ‘Link'.
3. When the pop up window opens, click on 'IMG code' button. Choose a larger size if you’d like.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
+you can also check the box at the time you upload as well & save having to edit.

Your pages:

1. 1965 Learning to Drive By PamStewart.Iowa

2. colour me By Scrappinglyn

3. Driving Along in My Automobile By Lgtaylor100

4. My first car By Scrappinglyn

5. Yellow By PamStewart.Iowa

6. Drive By Swonders

Edited by charcats7 on 05-27-14 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

Great topics! I have a favorite story about getting my license but have never considered writing it down - thanks for the nudge. The color one is great too, but will definitely take a little planning and thinking. I love your ideas and so thankful you are inspiring and encouraging us to do these pages.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

Morning , i have decided i would like to join
on this one i wish i joined last month but hey ho lets start now , I can remember my first car even the reg on it, but its strange as i cant remember any other and even now on my hubbies I forget sometimes,

Edited by scrappinglyn on 05-06-14 10:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to scrappinglyn

I'm in.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to lgtaylor100

welcome everyone- I'm glad you like the topics- I try for challenging but fun- it's all about telling your story & I know all of us have a lot of stories- sometimes we just need prompts to remember them & then tell them

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

Hi, ladies! Saving this one to my fav, too, Char.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to arteshamac

welcome Artesha

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

Here is my driving layout:

1965 Learning to Drive By PamStewart.Iowa

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Awesome page Pam. I'm having to Google the car I learned to drive in- a 1974 Ford Pinto Station Wagon. Not many images available that are a good representation. The only photo I think I have of the car is of me selling cactus & succulents out of the back of it at a farmers market- can't find that one right now either. So on goes the hunt.

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

I must confess, these are googled prints of the cars. I couldn't find any either, but luckily, they are exactly the same car. We must have bought popular ones for the time. It was fun to do a happy layout for a change. Seems like my last ones have been pretty much downers. lol

Added note: I went back and looked and only two my layouts are downers. Isn't that strange - those two are the only two that I could remember when I was thinking of them. Those two instances must have had a bigger impact on my life than I thought - still does, I guess.

Edited by PamStewart.Iowa on 05-08-14 10:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Pam- I hear you. Sometimes the negatives hang out longer & louder than we'd like.
Recently (this past year anyway) I've been doing reflecting and forgiving. I had a lot of negative growing up & many topics would upset me when brought up. The reason it upset me so much is because I had not forgiven & let go of it. Forgiving doesn't mean you forget- it means you let it not be the repeat tape playing in your head that weighs you down. Since I 'retired' last September I've had a lot of work on all that. I've done a few Bible studies & that set me on the road I needed to be on.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Oh- here is a BOM page I did in response to a BPC class I'm taking called Inspired Scrapbooking

Lake Almanore - Pages of Me By Charcats7

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to charcats7

have computer problems at mo if i dont get on over the weekend happy Mothers day and have a great weekend all

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa

acu

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day - we spent the day with friends- also my DS came too (he's 23). It was a beautiful day even tho they said it was supposed to rain 100% we didn't get a drop LOL

Here's another from my class at BPC to share

California to Montana By Charcats7

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

Trying to plan my color page. Thinking of different angles, but still can't decide what I want to do.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Pam- whatever you come up with will be awesome- stroll thru Pinterest maybe for some inspiration?

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

Still drawing a blank on the color thing! You really are challenging me this month, Char!

Think I will stroll through Pinterest - good idea.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn

I have sort of done mine but dont have a photo of me yet going to put it on later without hope thats ok, if not let me know ,

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn

Hi ya here is mine for colour

colour me By Scrappinglyn

Edited by scrappinglyn on 05-17-14 08:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics