Username Post: Wedding Dress Help        (Topic#1595877)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I don't know if anyone on here knows anything about wedding dresses, but I bought one online and just received it. I need to find a petticoat or slip to go under it because the dress looks way too flat when put on.

I have no idea what to buy though. Their are so many choices...hoops or no hoops, layers or ruffles. If hoops, how many hoops. I've asked the maker what style the model was wearing, but they couldn't tell me.

The dress has a full silk underskirt on it, then the ruffles are made of one layer of tulle.

Wedding Dress By StarsNSparkles

I have a pic of the dress on, but I don't want to share it publicly because I hate how it looks on me, which is why I know it definitely needs some volume underneath.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to StarsNSparkles

It makes me so sad to hear that you hate the way you look in your wedding dress. It should make you feel more beautiful than any other garment ever has. Hopefully the proper undergarments will make all the difference! I'd suggest taking the dress with you to a good store and ask for help in purchasing exactly what you need.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to cindy312

First, congratulations! When's the big day?

If it was me, I'd look for something other than hoops.... They can be hard to sit in and kind of uncomfortable (from what I've heard - I've never tried one on though.)

To give my wedding dress an extra oomph so it didn't look flat I had a slip from David's Bridal (which is where I also bought my dress). I had a medium fullness 2 tier slip (I think that's what it was called). It gave it a bit of poof so it wasn't flat, but nothing near a full ball gown.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Mulan05

We're getting married Aug 23.

Thanks for the tip...that's what I was looking for, just an idea of what I needed to shop for.

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to StarsNSparkles

Just had to comment on the dress. BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love that you did some color on it. It looks gorgeous. I hope you do find the right slip or petticoat or whatever it needs. Any good bridal store should be able to get you the right thing. I agree with the earlier comment too - this dress should make you feel fabulous when you wear it.

Good luck with the wedding too!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics