Page 1 of 51 
Username Post: Scrap your stash?        (Topic#1596109)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I want to go the whole month of May without buying any scrapbook supplies. Is there anyone who wants to join me? We can use this thread to check in and report how it's going. Looks like akeim1, Crimson Mama, Katnips05, Aunty T, Sneezy1956, Red Squirrel and Huster Mom 98 are going to try it too! Yay. Henri has also joined us!

Edited by bonprof on 05-10-14 02:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Does today have to count?

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to CrimsonMama

No. Let's start as of today.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
I want to go the whole month of May without buying any scrapbook supplies.

The first thing I think you need to do is sit down and take your temperature. Then call your doctor and make an appointment. You're clearly not feeling well or have a severe case of delirium. I can't diagnose you over the internet, but you've got something terribly wrong with you and I think you need immediate help. Perhaps there's someone in the room with you who can melodramatically slap you across the face like they do in the old movies when someone needs to come to their senses? Throw a glass of water on you? Check you into an institution? Let's all take some deep breaths and you'll snap out of this momentarily. It's going to be okay. There, there. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. There, there. Feeling better? Now, let's just take a little peek at all of those wonderful items in your wish list...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to gin1902

won't work for me i just know it won't

katnip05
Resident
katnip05
In response to cescrapper

I'm in! I've been reading up on die cutters and decided I want a Cameo, but I've got to stop spending and start saving!!

nanof8 
Resident
In response to cescrapper

I went all of April not buying and used what I had it wasn't easy one layout couldn't get the papers right so re printed the photo into black and white.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to nanof8

Oh good if today doesn't count then awesome! I just bought albums and page protectors though oh and dylusions ink but I need that.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Ha ha!! You are so funny. I know it will be rough but I can do it! Come on now, people! We can do this!!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to bonprof

LOL~Donna, you're a (much!) stronger woman than I am for even trying! Good luck! Are you *sure* you don't want to look over your wish list? All those delicious items just waiting to jump into your cart? They're beckoning to you~I can hear them!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to gin1902

Ohhhhhh...I would, BUT....I really need a new white pen!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to justowen

I will starting today but I will have to pay for my kit the end of the month, since I'm committed to it.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Sneezy1956

Thats great! Thanks for joining me!!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to bonprof

Good luck, Donna. I couldn't do it. I'd desperately need a glue dot or something. And when I was buying just a glue dot, I'd probably remember that I needed that perfect shade of paper to match what I was making and needed the glue dot for since what I had in my stash wasn't quite as perfect as what I could probably buy and as long as I was buying a glue dot and more paper, I really ought to get embellishments that match the new paper and if I were getting close (say, oh, by 20-30$) to the 5$ off on a 50$ purchase, I might as well get a few other things I might "need" and the whole not buying anything for a month would be ruined for the want of a glue dot.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to gin1902

You know me so well!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

I reckon I could do it Donna. I have a gift card for HobbyCraft burning a hole in my purse, but as long as nothing broke (my trimmer is hanging on by a thread - bits keep pinging off it) or ran out (brown marker - replaced on Saturday, phew!) I could make it through May.

Count me in!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Yay!!!

akeim1
akeim1 
Veteran
akeim1
In response to bonprof

I'm IN!!! I just made 23 pages over the 3 day NSD crop and only had to buy 1 piece of cardstock and 1 pack of flowers that were a better fit than anything I had brought with me! I STILL have gobs of stock and am seriously trying to use more of it. I made a few purchases of new goodies at the scrapbook expo in Orlando last weekend (some Ireland paper because I know I'm going there later this year, and a 'I make 60 look good' laser cut title for the big one coming this august - ugh!), but NOTHING MORE FOR NOW!
It helps that the closest hobby-type store is over 25 miles away

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to akeim1

Awesome!! Thanks for joining us!! Anyone else?

Expert
In response to bonprof

I should because I have so much, and I could because I don't have my Archivers anymore, but probably won't!!! I actually went through all of April without breaking my monthly $50 bill for scrapbooking supplies, although I did use other cash for piddly little things at HL a couple of times...in my mind I technically didn't buy any scrapping supplies since I didn't order anything online nor did I break my $50! But on May 1st that nonsense all ended...

Page 1 of 51 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics