Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Post NSD - scrapped-out or revived?        (Topic#1596117)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

I had a dry April: a thousand other important things that needed to be done, job-hunting and a dose of the shingles completely took away my motivation. NSD was just what I needed to get going again. I have a hundred more ideas now!

Last year I did so much for NSD that I was worn out and needed a break afterwards.

How are you all feeling after NSD? Scrapped-out or inspired for more?

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 05-06-14 05:22 AM
In response to RedSquirrel

Definitely revived! I haven't scrapped for months, but this got the juices going again. I have a crop this weekend and can't wait!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to J-M

Ready to run!! My April was busy as well. I only did a few challenges last month but scrapped a wedding which added volume for the month (meeting the monthly goal!). I did three LOs for NSD and another yesterday. I also set one up for today...and they will fill some challenge requirements. I'm excited to scrap n have tons of inspiration!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Juansmom

Revived! Hoping to hit the scraproom again today!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to justowen

Revived! I wish I could push everything aside and scrap.

akeim1
akeim1 
Resident
akeim1
In response to justowen

scrapped out... after a 3 day crop with about 9 hours sleep over the 3 days (talk about extreme cropping!), I got 23 pages done and 2 cards. still haven't unpacked my stuff, nor caught up on sleep. TOTALLY worth it, but need to recover. I fear those days of pulling all-nighters are long gone.

Expert
In response to akeim1

Revived, but mostly because I'm excited to work on the mini-album challenge since I am finally using some of the mini-album files and digital paper files I keep buying for my Cameo but rarely use! It's helping me get used to the new version of the software for the Cameo too.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to HuskerMom98

LOL this is interesting. I should have made it a poll, shouldn't I? I wonder whether I can add one...

(Love the new avatar Chris!)

ETA: Nope, can't add a poll. Ah well.

Edited by RedSquirrel on 05-06-14 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to RedSquirrel

A little bit of both? I definitely find my zest for paper is back, and at the same time doing a 3am to 930 pm has definitely a drain I think I am still recovering a bit....

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to GwynnAsbury

I loved NSD! the challenges really inspired me! but then I def needed a day to recoup! but monday I was back at it!

glad it helped so many get back in the groove!

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to melissadam

I was at a scrap retreat and it was so wonderful. Just 8 of us friends up in the mountains; no drama, no stress!! I want to get started on my mini album. Never did one before.

Edited by bonprof on 05-06-14 03:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tenant
In response to bonprof

I was worn out from the marathon day, but it definitely revived my desire to scrapbook.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to WorkingMommy

I scrapped like crazy in March and April and got 100 pages done (2 travel books). I planted flowers for NSD.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-06-14 05:59 PM
In response to 950nancy

Completely revived!!! I started a new job mid last year - which was a promotion into an area that I knew very little about, with a lot more responsibility. So I've spent the last year in constant education mode, and then about five weeks ago I agreed to work on a project which was INTENSE and which we finished on Friday - YAY!!!!!!

End result - I hadn't scrapped since LAST INSD. I got four pages done on Saturday, and I've been inspired to actually do the month-long mini-album challenge. Picking up my photos tomorrow and I'm excited about completing this!

Scrapping on Saturday also required me to do some cleaning and organizing which was sorely needed, so my area looks better now, too - which is also inspiring.

Now if I could only get this sort of inspiration and focus when it comes to exercising ....

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to stick

Aww thanks Rosey! I thought it was time for a change...n to show Juan off a bit!! I actually am so inspired to scrapbook this morning...I woke up dreaming of a banner technique that I haven't tried yet!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Juansmom

Shingles! You poor thing!

I had a lot of fun and relaxation while watching crafting videos on NSD. They certainly inspired me to keep going. This whole week, I've been in Scrappy Land to one degree or another (no chemo). I've completed two layouts, have a ton of options (paper, etc) pulled for a third, and trying to decide how many photos to print for a fourth.

I'm having so much fun, that I've even made an activity wish list for the next few months so I can keep playing with paper.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to MommaSaid

I'm revived for sure but just not much time till summer and then hopefully i'll have more time

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to MommaSaid

awesome
you go girl!!

Veteran
In response to mindygail

Revived and going strong! I've started 2 mini albums and spent most of today working on them. I am loving them! I am also trying to branch out a little and scrap out of my comfort zone. I wish we could have NSD about twice a month!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Mimiof123

That day I was scrapped out now I have been oh a roll.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics