Username Post: Good Adhesives for Different Textures        (Topic#1596127)
New Kid On the Block

Hello! I've never scrapbooked, and honestly I only need to learn for a little project I'm making for my girlfriend. She is going to be going away for a missions trip to Fiji for a few weeks and I wanted to give her a special journal to write everything that happens and to "talk" to me. I kind of only get one shot at this so I need to pick everyone's brain here. I'm starting at square one, currently.

Here are some images of two journals I have settled on. One picture of the journal, and then a close-up of the cover to see the texture. Both are sturdy material; most likely chipboard or something, not leather.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stupidscale/14 125308225/i...

I have a cover design I would like to do, so I would have to glue a sheet of paper over the cover with my design. Is one journal going to be better than the other, given your knowledge of glues and materials? And the paper needs to be sturdy enough the stand up to whatever glue I use without getting super weird. Can anyone help me with this?

New Kid On the Block
In response to wcaprar89

And now that I'm reading around a little more, I think this post is probably in the wrong place...

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to wcaprar89

I've never tried something like this, but my first go-to would be Mod Podge. You'll want the image you put on top to not only hold tight, but to be durable and moisture-resistant. Regardless of the paper type, Mod Podge would probably work.

Anyone else actually tried something like this?!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to cindy312

mod podge- yep

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics