Username Post: Sewing onto a LO        (Topic#1596215)
musebaby
New Kid On the Block
musebaby

I love the effect of sewing on my LO. But wanted to know if there was simpler way of doing it rather than getting out my sewing machine.

thanks

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to musebaby

I've done hand sewing on layouts. I'm not sure it's quicker than getting out the sewing machine though, unless you're just doing a small area. There used to be rub-ons that looked like stitching, but I haven't seen those in ages.

musebaby
New Kid On the Block
musebaby
In response to cindy312

thanks

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to musebaby

Hi! Yes there are other tools and the sewing by hand looks really different, so depending om how you want iy to look......because of that, I do both from time to time.

One artist here who does amazing sewing by hand is RachieBabe.

I have the Sew Easy. Take a look at those products. They even have templates and a circular tool now. Two things it does take time to learn how to use and you MUST have the mat or it won't work. The start kit comes with a small mat.

tonya0508
Resident
tonya0508
In response to CrimsonMama

I use the Sew Easy tools all the time for my sewing, It is more time consuming, but I find it relaxing and its a nice project for me to do while sitting at home in front of the tv with the hubby.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to tonya0508

I didn't care much for the process of machine stitching on a layout but I love to hand stitch with embroidery thread. It takes a little time but looks beautiful when you're done and you're unlimited in your design.

I have also done faux stitching with a pen/marker if I'm wanting to finish something a little quicker.

cenglanddesigns
New Kid On the Block
cenglanddesigns
In response to olleharr

If you want real stitching, you're pretty much limited to either hand or machine sewing. Is there any possibility of finding a place where your sewing machine can live permanently so that you don't have to set it up and put it away every time you want to do some sewing? I had that problem for a long time myself and then I set up a sewing corner in my flat and I sew all the time now (real sewing and stitching on my papercrafting projects).

If you just want the visual effect without the texture and depth of real stitches, you can make 'ticking' marks with a pen - I do this sometimes around the edges of my cards. You can also find stamps that mimic stitches; I have one by Penny Black with a variety of stitch types. If you heat embossed them, that would also give a little extra dimension.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics