Username Post: Need Suggestions please!        (Topic#1596229)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Our granddaughter had her first haircut last year and my daughter-in-law gave me an envelope with some of the hair.

Her first haircut was at Disney World in the place where they do baby haircuts and she was given a certificate with all the Disney characters on it. I also have a copy of the receipt that says, "Baby's first haircut" or something like that on it.

I also have several photos of the first haircut.

How do I scrap a lock of her hair on that page? I have a laminating machine but that will most likely yellow with age. I thought about a tiny baggie attached to the page but not sure about that.

How has anyone else scrapped a lock of hair?

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Henri Jean

Years ago there used to be something called a "shaker box".
Maybe something like that would work?

Veteran
In response to ChansGram

I did my grandchildren's hair in little glassine bags. I just folded the top over and punched 2 holes in the top and added ribbon.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Mimiof123

All good ideas. Also could you cut down a page protector and make it into a clear pocket? Then you'd be able to see the hair inside.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

Treasure keepers by Karen Foster. They have them here. Easy.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to bonprof

Yup...glassine (sp??) Envelope or page protector...or even a piece of vellum folded into an envelope?

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Juansmom

I used a small envelope.

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2013/02/first-haircut .html

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to cindy312

I made a clear envelope for some of our rabbit's fur.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Juansmom

The treasure keepers are perfect little plastic envelopes made for scrapbooks.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I am going to investigate Treasure Keepers or making a clear one from a page protector. Those sound like the solutions that will work best with my style.

Not sure what glassine is - sounds like an interesting idea too. I need it to be completely clear so it can be seen easily. I don't do interactive books and don't want anyone opening or handling anything so I want it to be completely clear.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

a little pccket would be perfect!!!
I have from like 6 years ago a envelope template by stampin up!!!!!or even easier buy a little pocket / envelope!!!!

good luck
mg

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mindygail

I found a small clear Ziploc-type bag that a small diecut came in. My thoughts are to put a little bit of the hair in it, cut it down to a small size and then put eyelets or brads along the top to hold it together and keep the hair in because it is the right width but too tall. In fact if I search a bit I probably even have smaller sizes because I have tons of unopened diecuts I've ordered.

I also have some that smaller pieces of jewelry came in which might be the right size. Then I will put brads or something decorative across the top. May try it with a punch made for weaving ribbon through across the top.

Veteran

Glassine is a semi-transparent paper. It sort of looks like waxed paper, but has more body to it. You can see still through it, but it is kind
of frosted looking.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-12-14 08:16 PM
In response to Mimiof123

I've used clear envelopes and regular envelopes in the past. Here's two you could consider:

http://store.scrapbook.com/mw-4068.html?w=clear+page+pr...

http://store.scrapbook.com/mw-5131.html

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-12-14 08:38 PM

3L Scrapbook Adhesives makes a keepsake envelope that is clear and acid free and the back of it has peel off strips to adhere it. They come in multiple sizes. Not sure if they carry them here but I love them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics