Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Silhouette question        (Topic#1596239)
RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

When the free Silhouette Studio software updated to v3, I read about a lot of problems, so I didn't update mine. I've downloaded the latest version, which apparently has bug fixes in it, but I haven't installed it yet.

Has anyone got any input? Should I bite the bullet and install it?

Expert
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I updated to V3 last week and didn't have any problems. If there are still more bugs to be worked out I haven't encountered them.

justLyn
Governor
justLyn
In response to HuskerMom98

I updated when it first became available. I've not had any trouble with it, and it solved the one bug I occasionally had with communicating with my cameo with the previous version.

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to justLyn

I haven't had any problems with the newest update. Version 3 came out, had problems, Silhouette listened, fixed the problems, and then released another update. I have the second version 3 update and it's worked like a charm for me. The "worst" part was trying to figure where everything was moved to.

taurus_
Expert
taurus_
In response to snoflake517

I had lots of problems. But it might be because I have a Mac.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to taurus_

No problems here with the latest version.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to taurus_

• taurus_ Said:
I had lots of problems. But it might be because I have a Mac.

I have a Mac too. That's what worried me. What problems did you have?

ddcmsmom
Veteran
ddcmsmom
In response to NMscrapper

It's good to know that most people are having no problems with the latest version. I've put off installing because of the issues I heard about, but I guess it's time to update.

I hope they get the Mac version working soon for you - the Silhouette support staff is very good, and I'm sure they're working on it.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ddcmsmom

I had trouble when I installed the update, had to uninstall and go back, now I'm not really wanting to mess with it!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to ChansGram

I have heard there was some issues with the newer version. I also didn't update to the new software. I wanted to wait until they clear the issues first. The other day when I open my Silhouette Cameo software it ask me if I wanted to download the newer version of the Cameo. I said no because I want to search on youtube to figure out the newer version and what people think about it. Before I go head and download it.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to justartguy007

I downloaded and saved the latest, big-fixed version. But I haven't installed it yet. That's safe.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Here is a link to a review of the new version when it came out last month....

http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/v3/

There were some glitches BUT there were also things removed from the software and a lot of things that just don't work the same......we lost a lot of abilities on this latest version.....
I'm not sure all of that was fixed.
Until I know what I'm getting for sure, I will not upgrade and I haven't found any comprehensive list of what they've fixed and what they haven't......

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kiyawinn

The new second update of v-3 has just minor problems nothing major. I'm happy with it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-11-14 01:40 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

I was using it last weekend on a second computer and I was having a lot of issues using all the welding options. It just wasn't working. There was something else that didn't seem to be working but now I can't remember what it was. I don't know if they've had an update since then but I haven't updated the software on my main computer yet.

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 05-12-14 08:36 PM

I think the problems have been fixed. It's much easier to use now.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Jill

Thank you all! I'll bite the bullet and install it.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Rosey, I just got a new computer for my scrap room and had to install it. I absolutely hate it! It's nothing like the old one I had.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to flintridgescrapper

O...K... back on the fence again!

Expert

• RedSquirrel Said:
O...K... back on the fence again!

Search out youtube videos on Version 3--I watched one before I installed and that helped with the element of surprise because yes, there are several changes in how the software looks and where a few of the buttons are.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to HuskerMom98

LOL...sorry, Rosey. I'm usually pretty good with change but last night, I was just frustrated. I kept trying to to the offset and couldn't get it to work right, and you have to hunt everywhere for speed setting, etc. I didn't watch any videos. I just jumped in. If I have time, I'll try to watch some and see if that helps.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics