Username Post: Page Protectors        (Topic#1596277)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-12-14 06:12 PM

Hi friends!

Can anyone please give me some recommendations for page protectors that are super clear? I bought a bunch of packs of We R Memory Keepers page protectors and I've been noticing how murky they look... I've got a lot of dark photos and the blacks all look grey. I have some older page protectors... of course they don't have a name on them at all... but they are crystal clear and my layouts look great in them. I need to find some more of the really clear ones and I'd love some recommendations please. These murky ones have got to go.

Thanks!!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho
In response to Vae

I use American Crafts ones and am happy with them, but I have to tell you that I don't have anything to compare them to.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to AmyWho

I have used C-Line page protectors for a long time now and have had no problems with them. You can get the 12x12 in the store here but will have to Google the 8.5x11 if you need that size. I always buy in quantity. A box of 50 of the 8.5x11 is a little over $10. C-Line also makes some interesting folding page protectors in various configurations.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Ms. Fit

I just got the Becky Higgins Project Life plain old 12x12 ones. I read good things about them. I'll try to remember to get them out of the box tomorrow and let you know.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to flintridgescrapper

I use C-Line also. They are very clear and very sturdy.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Hi friends!

Can anyone please give me some recommendations for page protectors that are super clear? I bought a bunch of packs of We R Memory Keepers page protectors and I've been noticing how murky they look... I've got a lot of dark photos and the blacks all look grey. I have some older page protectors... of course they don't have a name on them at all... but they are crystal clear and my layouts look great in them. I need to find some more of the really clear ones and I'd love some recommendations please. These murky ones have got to go.

Thanks!!

I too got rid of my We R Memmory ones... too cloudy. I put a pic in my gallery under Scraproom showing the difference.

I like the C-line.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

hmmmm; went looking for that pic of comparison and it's not there. sorry for the mislead.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ms. Fit

• Quote:
a box of 50 of the 8.5x11 is a little over $10. C-Line also makes some interesting folding page protectors in various configurations.

Folding? Really? Im interested in that!

Edited by CrimsonMama on 05-15-14 09:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-15-14 10:19 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Cloudy! That's the word I was looking for. Thank you

Thank you everyone for your recommendations. I'm not sure how soon I'm going to get around to swapping out the pages that I've already done, but I'm going to at least get some now for the upcoming pages.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Vae

I actually came across a couple You Tube videos last week on this very topic. Take a look. The one i watched was Becky Higgins/WRMK.

She made the same comment on the cloudy look of the protectors but once she put layouts in, they were the same. She mentioned WRMK was thicker which to me, as someone who has had protectors rip, that is a selling point.

I am even more diligent now that pocket pages are so popular with all the different seams I want to make sure those are secure too.

But yeah, take at look at You tube. I still can't believe there were videos on it.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to jaxxan

I just watched that video and she does say that the paper " it might possible be a little bit more faded" (in the WeRM). Photos are affected a lot by the WeRM ones.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-17-14 12:14 PM
In response to Sunnydi

I couldn't find that video, but I did my own comparison with my old sleeves vs my new sleeves and it's just too much of a difference. The blacks just don't look black and I have noticed myself squinting and holding the book much closer to my eyes when looking at the actual pictures when using the WRMK sleeves. I'll see if I can do a before and after. I'm just bummed because I bought a bunch of packs of these and they aren't exactly cheap.

Diana, I just found your previous post from 2012, and your pic is in there showing the difference between the two.

Here's that link. I don't know why I couldn't find it before... I did a search before posting a new thread but I didn't see it. This one came up when I was doing a general search on google.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15700...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-17-14 12:39 PM
In response to Vae

Oh I found the video Thanks!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-17-14 01:11 PM
In response to Vae

I went ahead and took a pic of mine too. I just got an order on Thursday and I had 4 sheets of the same paper handy, so I put one in each type of sleeve I have. This pic was taken outside on a covered patio in good daylight. You can see some glare in the corners but the majority of the pic is with no glare at all, and you can really tell the difference between the WRMK and the others.

In person, the WRMK actually made the red paper look more pinkish.

The American Crafts one wasn't bad either, but still slightly cloudy. But I realized I really don't like the "perforated" look of all the edges, so I won't be ordering those again either.

The two top ones don't have any name on them at all. I'm thinking they might have been the ones that came in some albums I've picked up.

The best one (in person) is the one I labeled as No Name #1. It's most noticeable when looking at the black edges... this one is the clearest.

I'm still planning on picking up one pack of C-line sleeves since several people (here and elsewhere) have recommended them. Once they come in I'll do a side-by-side comparison again.

Simple Stories
Veteran
Simple Stories
In response to Vae

Hi Vae! I ran across your thread here and thought I'd take a quick second and respond. Our page protectors are crystal clear and high quality/thick, so the plastic doesn't tear. Scrapbook.com carries all of our page protectors, both in the 12x12 and 6x8 configurations. If you'd like to send me an email at layle@simplestories.com with your mailing address, I'd be happy to have our warehouse pop a 6x8 sample in an envelope and mail to you so you can get a feel for the clarity and quality.

Thanks!
Layle Koncar
Marketing Director
Simple Stories

Cloverlady
Diva
Cloverlady
In response to Simple Stories

I like c-line to clear and sturdy good quality

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:

Folding? Really? Im interested in that!

ooh, i've seen a display album at a scrap show recently - the lady had some folding flaps right inside your regular 12*12, and all with page protectors.. I had to look closer, of course. it was a usual 4*6 photo album, clear protectors cut apart and then taped/glued on top of the 12*12 protector. other flaps looked like pocket pages cut apart as well, same idea. very creative!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics