Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Am I the only one....        (Topic#1596303)
heather375
Tenant
heather375

Am I the only one that buys scrapping stuff at Walmart? Walmart is 20 minutes away, and the ONLY place to get scrapping supplies. I have to drive over an hour north, or south, to get to a Michaels, Joanns, or Hobby Lobby...or even a Meijers! You can bet whenever I do venture to one of these bigger towns, I buy whatever my pocketbook will allow! Just wondered if I'm the only one.......

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to heather375

I buy from Walmart when I happen to be there. Oddly Joanns, Michael's, and AC Moore are all closer to me then a Walmart so I shop at them much more often.

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to disneylisa

I have shopped at Walmart and Target for supplies. When I am in Walmart, I am so overwhelmed by the size that I never get to the scrapbooking things! As a matter of fact, since they remodeled my local Walmart, I don't think I know where they are.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Frau_Cooney

I used to shop at Target (until they stopped stocking scrappy goodies) and K-Mart. Then I moved from Australia back to the UK and we don't have those here.

I really ought to check out the vast, get-lost-in, need-a-scooter-to-get-aro und Asda/Walmart that we now have 10 miles away. I don't shop there because like you, the size is just too much for me, and it isn't much cheaper. I always forget that it might possibly have scrappy stuff now.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel

I like the cardstock packs at WM. Ours doesn't carry too much else besides paper and stickers.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-14-14 01:43 PM
In response to olleharr

I always check the aisle... my walmart has a decent half-aisle and a lot of times their tools like xacto blades and things will be on clearance. Once they were having a huge clearance on smashbook stuff and I grabbed quite a bit of it.

My Target still has a scrappy aisle but I've heard that several don't anymore.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I definitely shop at walmart.com. I love online shopping...I can browse as long as I want and my feet don't get tired :>) Like anything else at WM...some things are terrific buys and others not so much. Whenever I'm shopping for a definite item, I check all the online stores, remembering the shipping fees, but most items at WM can either be shipped (U.S.) for free or free store pick-up.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I never have, but it's good to know they have scrappy stuff. I like shopping here except for the month of May. Hee hee

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 05-14-14 03:40 PM
In response to bonprof

I have a few times. Ours has nothing but cardstock and a few stickers and a few odds and ends

Expert
In response to poi

I avoid Walmart like the plague, but the few times I've been in there and happen to come across the scrapbooking aisle I've been less than impressed. I do go down the scrapbooking half-aisle at my local Target, but mostly I'll look for clearance stickers first, then see what the item on clearance is.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to HuskerMom98

we only have a wm close by me we have little scrapbook store by me. if I want to go to Michaels or Joann's it little more of a drive

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to southern lady

I shop at Wal Mart and I have bought a few scrapbook items from them. But they don't have very many scrapbook items. But I like their 8.5x11 color and black cardstock and the white cardstock.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justartguy007

I am another who avoids Walmart like the plague. Our Walmart just isn't a pleasant place to shop and after dark I really don't feel to safe in the parking lot.

Over the past few years I've gravitated more and more to online shopping like scrapbook.com - and I order on free shipping days.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Henri Jean

Walmart paper fades!

chinagirl
Tenant
chinagirl
In response to NMlady

Thank you guys!! I had NO idea WM sold craft items. The things you learn on this site

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to chinagirl

Rosey, I have never seen scrapbooking stuff as such in the Asdas that I have been in in either Manchester area or up here in Glasgow.

But as you are more southerly, you might get better stuff.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Our Walmart has seriously downsized their scrapbook section. Just a few papers and stickers. No more cricut mats or supplies.

heather375
Tenant
heather375
In response to Castle Scrapper

Our Walmart has actually expanded their scrapping section. Maybe because I spend so much money in that dept!! I got my cricut machine on clearance from there and they change their paper selection every few months so I check it out every time I'm there

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

our walmart has a small section. no stamps but paper pads and stickers. It's not my favorite but it is better than nothing!

Veteran
In response to wilbur

Our Walmart does carry some things.They carry paper pads by COLORBLOK.there is a small section of stickers,glue, xyron refills. not much else. I do get somethings at Meijers .. Most of the time it is Micheals though.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics