Username Post: Black stickles        (Topic#1596323)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-15-14 06:16 PM

Is there a black stickles that has silver glitter? I have the Black Diamond one, but the glitter in that is multi-color. I've looked on various color charts online but I can't really tell.

I appreciate your help!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Vae

Hmm. I only have Black Diamond and Gunmetal. Gunmetal isn't really black, but I have used it where I wanted black, and it worked.

There is also Black Soot which is a Distress one - no sparkle.

I also found Black Diamond Ice Stickles which doesn't look like coloured glitter from the picture, but then neither does the regular Black Diamond on here. I'm not helping much am I?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Vae

Vae, I think the Black Soot is what you would want. It does sparkle but not like it has silver in it. I looked at the Ranger Ink site, the ICE ones are chunky glitter and the Black one looks bluest to me.

I know what you mean, some glitter glues are opal looking when they go on.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-16-14 06:50 AM
In response to CrimsonMama

Thanks. I have black soot but it doesn't really look sparkly to me at all.. I have black diamond in the regular stickles and the ice stickles and they are both the same with the opal colored glitter (excellent way to describe it - thanks Vicki!). I also have the regular silver stickles and I tried to do a thin layer over black CS... that may be the closest I can get. And to think, I thought they had every color/glitter combination imaginable already.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Vae

I got some at sprawlmart~"Sparkly Glitter Glue" 8 oz bottle. The glitter is definitely silver. I don't know if it's safe for paper though~I don't have the original packaging.

Edited by gin1902 on 05-16-14 08:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Vae

What if you mix a tiny bit of silver glitter with the Black Soot? Not sure hoe you would do that and apply it. But you said you put silver Stikles over it.

I wish there was a way to know if they are going to look opal especially if you want clear no color.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 05-16-14 01:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to CrimsonMama

If I ever find my color chart, I'll look...but you'll probably be done with your project before then :>) I've got all the stickles and have samples on the downloaded chart, but I'm not sure where I put the notebook it's all in. That's not the part of organizing I'm doing :>)

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-18-14 01:25 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I think I'm gonna look for that kind gin got because that's exactly what I need. In the meanwhile, I'll be sending a letter to Ranger letting them know they have a new color combo they need to make. lol

Vicki, I totally agree! I wish there was a way to know what color the glitter is because in a lot of the pics online you can't really tell.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics