Username Post: how do i price kit clubs(and join one??)        (Topic#1596331)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

hi I have never been in a kit club. I would like to price one and be given different choices. how do I research this???
I plan on finding out as much info as I can then proposing (via presentation) the idea to my fiancé and see if he will allow it hahaha!
I need as much info as I can get thank you,
mg

BerniiMiller
Resident
BerniiMiller
In response to mindygail

Depends on the type of kit.. are you chasing a project life kit or a scrapbooking kit ?

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to BerniiMiller

Some nice ones: Scraps of Darkness, Scraps of Elegance, Flying Unicorn. They show you the main monthly kit and usually several add-on packs, such as embellies, cardstock, mixed media, etc. You choose what you want. Most of the main kits are on a monthly subscription basis and come to you for a period of, say, three months. Search "scrapbooking clubs" on the Internet for a vast array of choices

As for "presenting" it, maybe you can have him look at the beautiful products and what the design team has done with the kit. If the price is the issue, research what all of the items cost individually and present a spreadsheet. Embellish it with beautiful samples of the kits, of course!

Or, you could start him off right by saying, "Look what came in the mail today!" If you're a dedicated scrapper, he will have to get used to hearing that phrase, lol!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to NMscrapper

scrapbook kit, great ideas girls!!!
individually- good idea!!!!
might have to try that!!!thanks nm!!!
see I just spent like 250.00 on amazon craft supplies (gelatos, perfect pearls, journals, watercolor pencils etc, and he was so good to me did not freak out at all!!!
I hate to bug him now maybey I should do some research then ask him later???
mg

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to mindygail

Speaking as an old woman experienced in "relational finance," if you earn your own $$$ don't ask! Tell him what you plan to do. You deserve something for yourself if you two can afford it. As has been said here many times: It's cheaper than therapy.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to NMscrapper

I would suggest if you are looking at one kit only to price what you get based on what you would pay for the individual stuff in each kit. Also watch for one like Scraptastic that offers 2 kits each month. That way if you don't like one you still have a choice of another kit.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Sneezy1956

What about the kits here? Very affordable and you get a ton of stuff.

Edited by bonprof on 05-23-14 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to bonprof

Hey Mindy,

A good way to do this, is to price out the kit by calculating the cost of each individual item within the kit and compare to the cost of the kit. Also keep in mind other considerations such as
* price
* number of layouts per a kit
* paper vs. embellie heavy
* discount for subscribing?
* minimal month kit subscription commitment?

I subscribe to a Project Life and a Scrapbook Kit from a company that is not Scrapbook.com - it is about $60 bucks a month for both including shipping. I have been very happy with them.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to Sharon Leigh

Another good one to look at is HipKitClub.net

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Vivian Lake

"Relational finance"...brilliant!! As is your justification...my $$ is mine to spend on scrap stuff if I want.

crystalmorse
Guru
crystalmorse
In response to Juansmom

Look on youtube. I can't remember the title or who posted it (I'm a ton of help huh) but they did a video with a spreadsheet comparing companies.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to crystalmorse

Scrapbook.com kits are always terrific! suitable for all styles, full of fun trendy (but not overly trendy ) things. and best of all, it comes with gallery inspirations and challenges. And no obligation to sign up!
the other one I like is My creative sketches kit club - nice style, add ons, tons of design team inspirations and challenges. If only they had better canadian shipping charges (and yes, I know, it's not fair because it's the postal service that has the charges, but it's just so prohibitive)...

I second Crystal's suggestion - I recall a blog post comparing kits too..

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to OlesyaK.

I just subscribed to Gossamer Blue kit club.....I think you need to check out a few. They all seem to have different styles so it depends what your style is and if you'll like most of what they send you each month...

Have a look at the websites and look at their past kits to see if you like them....I think all the kits are financially worth it pretty much....for me, it was more dependent on whether I like the style and type of items I would be getting.....

Cloverlady
Diva
Cloverlady
In response to kiyawinn

I like club scrap as the quality of their paper is very high. As for picking a club things to look for are price per month, commitment, do they have kit previews, can you skip a kit if you do not like it. do they have addons, how large is the kit.

KathyMcDaniel
Veteran
KathyMcDaniel
In response to GwynnAsbury

Which one????

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics