Username Post: where did it GO???        (Topic#1596337)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

OK I lLOVE to scrapbook, photography, mini book make, card make, and ar journal, but for several years I have lost the actual joy of doing it for some unknown reason!!!!
I wish I loved it still but I keep doing it regardless, an help would be awesome!!!
mg

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to mindygail

?????? Maybe you need a break?

You saw you love it but lost the joy in it. Has it become old hat? Do you need a new different challenge? Or are you doing it sometimes because you feel like you have to?

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to CrimsonMama

I don't think I feel compelled to do it, but I want to but still have no joy doing it!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to mindygail

There is a Paperclipping Roundtable where they talked about this recently. I think Stacy Julian was talking about how there are different stages to the enjoyment of a craft and if you get the stage where you think you don't have to learn anything new, you start to feel stale. Maybe think about your thoughts about scrapbooking and learning new stuff? See if there is something you would like to develop a little more? I have been going through this stage as well, and after some thought realized that I had become to think I had nothing left to learn - which is totally not true. Since I've changed how I approach the technique of scrapbooking it's been coming back slowly!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to mindygail

Is there something emotional blocking you? Sometimes that happens.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to bonprof

could be?
not sure I am low on joy lately.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to mindygail

Don't forget to be good to you. Bubble bath, massage, extra sleep...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics