Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: Meet up/June 2015        (Topic#1596413)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I have this crazy, wonderful dream that one day we could meet up and spend time together! For example, one year from now, everyone meet at the Marriott in Anaheim. Would anyone be interested in doing this? A group of rooms would be cheaper than staying in various hotels. Thoughts?

Edited by bonprof on 05-23-14 09:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to bonprof

maybe

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to southern lady

It's a really good idea, however may I suggest picking a location more centrally located? For those of us in the middle of the country, and I know there are a lot of peeps in the eastern states, California might be difficult to get to.
I would definitely be interested, I wonder if coordinating time off for everyone is possible?

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to chocolateaxel

You have a good point. My goal is end of June 2015. I am think of a Friday night through Sunday morning event. We could do dinner Fri, a crop on Sat and then breakfast on Sun morning. What State would be good?

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Denver (I know that's not a state! But you get my point!)

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to ChansGram

Okay, I see how we're playing this, lol! How about Oklahoma City? It's pretty close to the center of the country

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Denver would be awesome, but Texas would be more central? Come on people. I am serious about this. Please let me know what you think. We have a year to plan, but would need to put a deposit down on a hotel in 2-3 months. I am looking for 25-50 scrappers from this site who want to meet up for an awesome, fun filled weekend. If we have more, that would be wonderful!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
It's a really good idea, however may I suggest picking a location more centrally located? For those of us in the middle of the country, and I know there are a lot of peeps in the eastern states, California might be difficult to get to.

And a tad more so for the non-American members!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to scrappercaz

You can't get more centrally located than Denver or Oklahoma City ! Just sayin

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ChansGram

well coming from the UK NY would be more central lol but depending on when and where I might be able to combine with a trip home to Canada so not saying no but not committing either. Although VEGAS baby would be a blast

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Ladybing Tammy

yea Vegas would be nice.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to southern lady

I am not a traveling scrapper, but wouldn't mind going just for the fun! I would love a trip to Vegas as I've never been.
I wouldn't mind Texas either ( especially if it were somewhere next to water)!!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

We all need to vote on a location and then really get busy. I would need several commitee members to help me pull this together. I will fly anywhere in the US. I want to be considerate of all others and what would motivate them to come. I think a lot of people would build a vacation around this weekend. Let's take the month of June and really get members here to consider doing the event. In July, we will decide on a committee. In August, we need to put a deposit down on a hotel. The more rooms we have, the cheaper it's going to be.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

The scrapping event on Saturday night would be just one of the items to vote on. It would be hard to travel with scrap supplies, but I have a CM weekender tote that I could bring. It's up to everyone. We would all plan the event.

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
well coming from the UK NY would be more central lol but depending on when and where I might be able to combine with a trip home to Canada so not saying no but not committing either. Although VEGAS baby would be a blast

VEGAS BABY! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I vote for texas the ONLY way I could go is if its in texasod ! I know I am not that important!!!!! just suggesting but I LOVE Colorado (no go though for me)
good luck

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-23-14 01:32 PM
In response to mindygail

VEGAS sounds fantastic!!!! I would be willing to help coordinate!!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to charK

Ok, we will take a final vote at the end of June. We need to get the word out to other friends here..,

katnip05
Resident
katnip05
In response to bonprof

I'd be interested if it was somewhere central. Especially Denver! I lived there for years and am always looking for excuses to visit old friends!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to katnip05

I'd love to go to Denver!! Let's see how others feel.

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics