Username Post: Emotional        (Topic#1596417)
SarahEdens
Expert
SarahEdens

I am so full of emotions today. I got the news yesterday evening that my dad has Pancreatic cancer.

I just went through this a year ago with my mom. She was diagnosed with Liver cancer in mid Feb. and was gone by April 1st.

From everything I've read, pancreatic cancer is just as quick or worse. Hopefully we'll know soon what options there is. I'm sorting through photos right now, I don't want to forget a single moment.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SarahEdens

That's all I have to give you.

Cloverlady
Diva
Cloverlady
In response to flintridgescrapper

***Hugs and Prayers***

Kaylann
Expert
Kaylann
In response to Cloverlady

I'm sorry to hear that. My grandma died of pancreatic cancer and it's not fun.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-23-14 04:41 PM
In response to Kaylann

My mom had it. She died 3 weeks after diagnosis. She was 67. It is very painful and I cannot say enough good things about Hospice. She wanted to die at home and she did. They were wonderful.

My prayers are with you. Just do what he wants.

TripleBlessed
Veteran
TripleBlessed
In response to charK

Prayers.

Sharon Leigh
Veteran
Sharon Leigh
In response to TripleBlessed

I am so sorry to hear your news. My mom was diagnosed with it and passed in two weeks. Only positive thing I can say is she didn't seem to suffer. Sending prayers your way.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Sharon Leigh

jesus bless you and him - your in my prayers!!!
with GOD all things are possible!

SarahEdens
Expert
SarahEdens
In response to mindygail

thank you guys... we are working on getting an RV hopefully so we can travel with the kids and the dogs to visit both sets of our parents.

Cloverlady
Diva
Cloverlady

Hugs and Prayers. Pancreatic cancer runs in my family I hate it. I lost an uncle and my grandmother on my fathers side to it. My aunt (also on that side)is a survivor.

NellieRenee
Tenant
NellieRenee
In response to Cloverlady

Praying for you and your family! That type of news is never easy to work through and I hope that you all can be together soon!!

Resident

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Sarah. My Mum has also recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
(((((hugs)))))

paperkrafter4life
Tenant
paperkrafter4life
In response to christiscraps61

lifting your whole family up in prayer..............

SarahEdens
Expert
SarahEdens
In response to paperkrafter4life

Popping in for a bit...

Thanks for the prayers ladies... My dad will be having surgery at the beginning of august. (The Whipple Procedure)... It involves removing parts of the pancreas, gall bladder, bile ducts, small intestines and stomach. It's a very long surgery with a major recovery time, so we will be heading out next week, he wants to have a party before he feels too bad to enjoy one.

I am grateful he is the person he is, because his goofy sense of humor has helped the rest of us 'deal'.

I was asking him about the details of the surgery and what all the doctors have said.. He was like "I dont know, i just look at them, if they look like they know their s***, i smile and nod and tune the details out."

New Kid On the Block

I just wanted to send prayers your way. Cancer is just a horrible disease, I just lost my mom to breast cancer that spread. The one thing that helped me through was prayer, and that this is God's will, we have no control over any of it. So what I learned is Let Go and Let God.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to nphelps1

Hugs and prayers for you

craftsbycarolyn
New Kid On the Block
craftsbycarolyn
In response to SherylEb

Sorry to hear....

Jedco
Jedco 
Diva
Jedco
  • Jedco on 08-09-14 11:48 AM
In response to craftsbycarolyn

Most of us have felt the heartache and pain of having loved ones pass from cancer. I lost a lifelong friend to breast cancer and son in law to this disease that knows no boundaries. Stay positive, help your dad thru this part of his life. If there comes a time when you know the end is near, make sure he is treated with kindness and gentleness.

salt-of-the-earth
New Kid On the Block
salt-of-the-earth
In response to Jedco

Saying a prayer for your dad - may his surgery heal him of this disease.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to salt-of-the-earth

I'm so sorry Sarah. How is he now? Did he have the procedure?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics