Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: June BUDGET Challenge        (Topic#1596565)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the May Budget Challenge!

We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on!

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month! Optional: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

I would like to add a small twist this month - not for what you cannot buy but for what you did with the stuff you did buy!!

Twist: Share a project in which you used something you bought within the last month (i.e. May/June)! Happy crafting!!

View Challenge Here: June BUDGET Challenge

Scrapanda
Governor
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

I am in again! My budget this month will be $50 - I spent lots in May! The only thing on my wish list is a 'need' but I still count those - I need another album that matches the ones I have for 2010 already. (Should have got that at M's today!)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Here's mine!

Budget: $50
Wishlist: Amy Tan Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore anything, resin embellies, A/C spring market embellies (M's), Prima Anchor mask, HS mini stencils, any urgent item I must have for a project, without busting my twist
Twist: NO washi, no cricut carts, Stay off evilbay!!!

How was that for a twist, Tammy?

Edited by SonjaC on 05-30-14 03:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Im in;0
Budget $200
Need/want: cricut mat, Brayer, TH dies, embellishments, daubers, stickles storage case, clear stamps, photo storage boxes, there's more but I'll add later.

Twist: idea-Ology

Edited by jorganne on 06-03-14 04:36 AM. Reason for edit: Added my twist.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to jorganne

ok lets have a go here lol , I am sure to break it,

My budget this month is £25

I need card stock/paper/alphas/flower s/

I,m not allowed to buy anythig i just see and fancy

My twist is try and use what i already have here .

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to scrappinglyn

I'm here too and my budget will be $200.
I am going to try and be realistic this month. I always bust when I set low.
Wishlist; Copics, Stamping up sympathy stamp, Cricut class, Copic class which both take me into Scrapmania where I can't help but buy something.

Need list: 3 ring albums which I don't include in my budget but will take me into HL where I can't help but buy something.

Twist:Washi tape

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to scrappinglyn

I'm not sure if I can be in this thread anymore. It sure didn't work when I was the hostess, I think I spent more in May than I have done in any month before.

I have not had to work within a budget for the last few years, probably since I quit spending my "budget" on my grand kids.

I will set a limit at $200 to see how well I can stay withing it.

I need some new storage containers for my scrap papers.
I'm headed out of town for a day and will have an opportunity to visit a couple of the local scrap stores, provided they are still in business. I mean, one is called Needful Things, with a name like that I just have to shop!!

I plan on purchasing more mixed media things I find, some storage (when on sale), stencils and who knows what else. I can't think if anything I won't/ can't purchase.

Here are a few things in my wish list!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

My budget should be $50, but I'm going to make it $75. I need to think about my wishlist for a bit. I have lots of stuff I want, so I need to prioritize.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Sharon not to worry - each month is a new month and you are always welcome - we don't flog anyone with wet noodles here.

Basically the purpose of the challenge is just so we are aware of our expenditures.

I of course am here however I have no idea what my budget will yet be.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Sonja - my love - no evilbay - I really think our goals should be realistic so how about only once a week

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh I said nothing about not looking on evilbay, Tammy....
And it wasn't a wet noodle, it was wet twine! Hehe

But no, Sharon, no actual flogging here!

What is it with the $200 budgets tho?!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-31-14 12:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Someone said "Let's be realistic" about our budget/spending. I'll have the opportunity to shop next week at a couple of stores I only visit every 5 years. Couple that with the fact that I will be watching for sales on storage containers ( I know LOOPHOLE spending) plus albums to hold my 200 pages getting done this year.
$200 does not seem like an unreasonable amount that is only $1 a page...........

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Sonja, I have both packages of the resins on your wishlist. They are gorgeous. So pretty that even though I bought them the day they were released, I haven't used a single one. Clearly they are being hoarded. :/

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Kamananui

Well my DH gives me $100 every month for my "scrap stuff" and I take $100 out of my check. The house is paid for, the kids are grown so why not $200. I do have to shop carefully though because for the first time in 15 years we have a car note again...ugh!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

Sonja my sweet - I quote 'Stay off evilbay!!! " that means you cannot be looking cause that would be on evilbay!

LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Well I had to work this morning, and while working I was doing price changes, and whilst price changing I came across a Project Life 12x12 album on clearance for $7.99. I needed a binder for all my 12x12 sticker sheets, so I snagged it. Since it's storage, I'm golden.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

okay I see loopholes have started already and that was yesterday so doesn't even count yet

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake

Whoo hoo, a new month and I haven't spent a thing!! That should last until Wednesday or Thursday! I won't have access till then..........

Happy June everyone.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to Sewflake

Happy New Month everyone!! Yea Sharon on not spending yet I'm happy to report I haven't spent anything either...

Scrapanda
Governor
Scrapanda
In response to jorganne

I picked up the 2 Cricut carts and a paper pad that I ordered last month from Joanne's when my MIL and SIL put in an order so maybe that will tide me over for awhile! Hoping to clean my room this month - I always discover things I forgot I had when I clean - that should help curb the spending too!

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics