Username Post: titles are not my strong suite...        (Topic#1596711)
mother0froyalty5
New Kid On the Block
mother0froyalty5

Ok so i have a huge issue with titles for my layouts.
i never know what to title them and i knowy there's others out there with this same problem, but I'd love some help,whether its how you find your titles or anything. I have no problem when its for someone elses layout but never can think of them for.mine lol.
Thanks for.the help,
Sarah

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mother0froyalty5

I often just don't title my layouts, I find that pretty freeing.

Veteran
In response to aquabunny

I, too, don't always put a title on my lo's. Sometimes I just like them to speak for themselves. If I don't put a title or any journaling, I turn them over and lightly write on the back, in pencil, who is in the picture and what was going on.

mother0froyalty5
New Kid On the Block
mother0froyalty5
In response to Mimiof123

That's actually a really good idea,thank you both very much. I May have to do just that and leave it without ☺

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

have you tried checking the resources section on this website? I try to be catchy when doable idk just check out pinterest maybey!!!!!

mother0froyalty5
New Kid On the Block
mother0froyalty5
In response to mindygail

Ill have go look here in the resources but i have a ton pinned lol but sometimes i can't find just the right thing,but a lot of the ones i have pinned have inspired some of my lo's lol, thank you for the ideas

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

When I'm working on a title I find that very often a song title comes into my mind so I use that. I've noticed that I'm not the only one - a lot of people use song titles as layout titles.

I do journal on almost every page because I don't want anyone handling the items in my scrapbook sleeves or turning them over.

Oh - I've used commercial jingles and phrases in my layout titles too. Or just the name of the person in them or the location (city, state or even restaurant name).

mother0froyalty5
New Kid On the Block
mother0froyalty5
In response to Henri Jean

Ive used song titles before and lyrics as well. Sometimes its so easy but more than not its crazy hard to come up with something that i feel really works or is what i really feel. At the moment im working on a lo of my wedding.....haha and as im tryping this i figured out my title lol. Ill have to post my lo when i finnish,thank you all for your help lol cause you helped me find the title 😀

SarahEdens
Expert
SarahEdens

I'm pretty cheesy with my titles, lol and in general for that matter. I usually try to think of something that was said during the time the photos were taken and play off of that.

If you look on pinterests, there's a TON of title ideas for different themes on there... usually in a list like this

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7d/03/af/7d03af6 ...

I do agree with the other ladies though about writing on the backs of layouts.. I bought a bunch of cheap lined stick on labels from the dollar tree that i stick on the back of my pages if there's not enough info listed on the front. Sometimes if i want to write alot, i use these big adhesive shipping labels i have that gives me plenty of room to write on.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to SarahEdens

I agree, I've been happiest with the outcome of my layouts where I've used a song title or lyric for a title. It gives the page a nice flow. Sometimes I have such a hard time with a title that it takes me days to add one. But I'm not one that enjoys journaling on every page so I always make sure to have some kind of title.

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to olleharr

I stink at titles too. I am not creative enough to come up with something snappy. Since I do mostly travel LO, my titles usually the place.

Let me know if you figure it out!!!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to Pink Spoonbill

That's interesting because I often start with a title to get my inspiration for my whole LO. i rarely do a page without one. But to each his own. What works for you is what you do!

mother0froyalty5
New Kid On the Block
mother0froyalty5
In response to idlewoman

I am usually ok with titles, they way not make since to others but at the moment im scrapping pictures my little ones picked out,lol. They like to scrap too or just be involved in some way a lot of the time. The pictuer my youngest son picked out is me and his step dad getting married. Im not sure how to title it without offending my kids kinda. They understand mostley about me and there dad but thats the problem with this lo. They love there step dad but idk how to go about it

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You can just title it with something simple like
"Wedding Bells" or "Going to the Chapel" or just something like "I do".

Maybe I'm dense but I'm not totally grasping the problem.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Henri Jean

I gave up titles for the same reason. I was only doing it because I'd been taught to initially but realising you don't have to is very liberating

I don't really see the point of them most of the time anyway since they're often stating the obvious.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to scrappercaz

Go into Resources here on sb.com...there are TONS of ideas for titles. There are also books you can buy that are just titles n inspiration for titles...one is "The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Word" by Linda LaTourelle, the other is "Inspiration Station" by Betsy Flott. I also agree with music/song as inspiration!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Juansmom

my titles are just a verbal explanation of the picture. sometimes the viewer might need a few words to fully understand (or remind me later) about what's going on in the photos.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics