Username Post: Poor service        (Topic#1596723)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Has anyone had experience with ordering from Simon Says? I placed an order with them on the 31st and when I asked about it, they told me they had an event back on the 30th and were catching up from it. Their site says they ship within 3 days, but by Monday it will be 9 days. If this is the norm for them I won't be ordering there again. Anyone know anything about them?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

I'm surprised. I've ordered from them last year and there was a 7 missing on the alpha die I got. They asked for photos then refunded me completely so I could purchase something else. They let me keep the original die. I was impressed.

Hopefully they are telling you the truth and catching up from their event. I wonder whether they had a Memorial w/e sale as well, and that's put them back?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-07-14 01:54 PM
In response to RedSquirrel

My last order from them took a very long time to ship too, but I was more upset by something else. I had originally placed the order with them for one specific stamp, and I went ahead and ordered a few other stamps too. Well when I finally got my order, which took a very long time, the one stamp I REALLY wanted wasn't even in there. Instead I got a small slip of paper that said it was on backorder and that they'll send it to me when it's in stock (no estimated date or anything). Their system showed it in stock when I ordered, but I understand that sometimes things like that happen. I was more upset that they didn't send an email or anything to let me know that one of my items wouldn't be coming. I ended up having to order it from somewhere else and get two day shipping because I needed it for NSD. I won't be ordering there again.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-07-14 02:10 PM
In response to Vae

I'm surprised, I've ordered from them several times and have always gotten excellent customer service.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to stick

I have never had a problem with them as far as receiving an order. But I do notice that there are a lot of things out of stock. They must do a heck of a business because its every time I order I can never get what I really want. They are working with some awesome artists that really promote their products well I guess.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to olleharr

Good grief ! I've never even heard of Simon Says.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CrimsonMama

Never had a problem with them but they did have a huge thing in Columbus on the 30th....I had thought about going I'm sure that's put them way behind.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Sneezy1956

Wow! Ten days later (item ordered 5/31), they send me an e-mail telling me that the item had been "removed from their shelves because of quality control issues". That's after two e-mails and finally a phone call yesterday to their customer service department. Needless to say, I won't be ordering from them again!

Edited by dwelch on 06-10-14 04:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

Hmm. I don't think it's really fair to blame the supplier for a manufacturing issue. These things can take a while to clarify, and meanwhile they haven't really got anything they can tell the customer. At any point a replacement batch may come in for them to send out, or a communication saying remove it from the shelves, or just radio silence no matter how hard they chase. The Customer Service department may not have known what was going on, despite a load of frenzied activity behind the scenes.

Admittedly meanwhile the right thing for them to say should be "I'm really sorry I don't know, but let me find out and get back to you", not just not replying. I'm sorry you had that experience.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dwelch

What did you order exactly? That they pulled from their selves......

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to CrimsonMama

I ordered from them once and the shipping took twice as long as anywhere else. I have not ordered again for that reason. I want my stuff as quickly as possible.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to andrea m

I ordered once because I was looking for specific item & they had it & no one else did. It did take a long time to ship though.this was months ago

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to anda11

It was a clear stamps set called, "Handwritten Borders". Beautiful set.

Just to clarify, it wasn't the length of shipping that was so irritating as them just ignoring my e-mails and then when I finally reached them by phone, assuring me that that the shipment would "go out tomorrow". Someone could have checked at some point and at least let me know there would be a delay.

Enough said, though. I'm sure I'll find a similar stamps set elsewhere and simply not reorder from them.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to dwelch

Oh that one! It's lovely isn't it? I think it's an SSS exclusive though.

No I agree, that's not good. I hadn't realised that they had told you something wrong.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to RedSquirrel

I've read terrible complaints about them on other sites, so I would never order anything from them. It's not just a few stories either; it's a lot.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Scrapjanny

I've ordered from them for years and never had any problems. I have some of the stamps that are their own brand. Not real impressed with the quality. The clear stamps are kind of "foggy" and not cut real deep. You just have to be careful to not over ink them and then they print just fine.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics