Username Post: Fiskers trimmer issue        (Topic#1596727)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

A long time ago there was a thread on the trimmer problem: wire is unraveling and paper is shredded. My trimmer is only a year old. Please help me. Can I get it replaced?

Edited by bonprof on 06-07-14 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to bonprof

You can email their customer service I just emailed them again and asked if they could send me 3 of them since I was having to email them about once a month, they send me three

You do need to take a picture of your trimmer so they make sure they get you the right one.

Oh and the arms are kind of hard to get on but if you go to you tube their is a video that explains how to change it out.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Sneezy1956

Thanks. I took the photo and submitted my claim. I hope it doesn't take long.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to bonprof

Fiskars has a lifetime warranty on there trimmers, or that is what customer service told me, so you should have no problem. I got my replacement part in 2 days, and so far I haven't had to replace it but once. Good Luck!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to lifethroughalens

Thx they said it may take up to 15 days.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to bonprof

You're probaaly referring to the post I put up a few months ago...

I had my blade replaced twice already. I'm on my 3rd blade and it's doing the same thing...ugh!
As great as they are w/ their customer service I am truly getting irritated w/ the fact that it keeps happening! I'm actually thinking of just throwing away the whole thing and going w/ another brand!
::

Good luck!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Doreena

What are some other good choices for trimmers?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bonprof

I have an EK Success Cutterpede rotary trimmer and I love it. I've had it for 6 years now and bits are starting to fall off it, but I shall get another one when this one dies. It's light-weight, folds up pretty flat for cropping, cuts accurately and straight.

There are umpteen different blades you can get, and I'm only on my third straight blade in 6 years. You have to replace the cutting mats more often, but one mat can be turned round and over so you get 4 uses out of each.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to RedSquirrel

Oh and apparently it is now discontinued in this store.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

Oddly enough, I started to check out school auctions for paper cutters. I have found that the old paper cutters with the wood base that we all had in school are fairly cheap this way. Just remove the screws in the blade and take it to a knife sharpener. They will sharpen it usually for a fair price and you really only need to resharpen every couple of years. With practice these last a lifetime and work perfect every time. I have a 20" x 20" that only cost me $25 two years ago and $10 to sharpen. And WOW, the amount of things I can cut at once perfectly, is great.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

Thanks for all the great info!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics