Username Post: Baby layouts        (Topic#1596869)
New Kid On the Block

Like I mentioned in another post, I am very new to this. I am currently working on an album for my son who is 8 months old. I have completed a few pages but I am having difficulty figuring out what to put for the first few pages. I have ultrasound pics and basic first pics in the hospital. I was wondering if anyone has some unique and clever ideas.

Thanks so much for helping

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Rebeccamaynard2012

I did a baby album for my daughter. I put a photo of her 9 months pregnant along side the sonogram photo and a photo of my grandson. It turned out really cute.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to bonprof

Search in the gallery using the terms sonogram, ultrasound, birth, delivery, pregnancy. Things like that and you should find some layouts to inspire you.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 06-19-14 04:43 PM
In response to NMlady

Maybe make a page about what was popular around the time of his birth? What the newspaper headlines were, the weather on the day he was born, the price of gas and bread, the top movies/songs/tv shows, etc. I also wrote a letter to my son when he was born, talking about my pregnancy, my hopes and dreams for him.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 06-20-14 08:53 AM
In response to J-M

If you had a birth announcement, you could begin with that!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to vawm

Perhaps a page about how you selected his name. Photos of people you considered naming him after, reasons why you considered names or "threw out" names.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to justowen

Suggestions:

When did you find out your were pregnant

How did you tell everyone?

Food you craved in pregnancy. (my kids each have a favorite fruit and food that directly relates to what I was craving when I was pregnant with them)

A page to record his measurements, the ones from the doctors office is good. (head,height weight)

The story of his birth day. Did he come early, was he late? did you go into labor. Your feelings upon seeing him.

pictures of their hands and feet or imprints other than hospital ones.

Grandparent pictures

Family tree

visitors
e-mails and cards with congratulations

Pictures and journaling about his room

Your feeling about his arrival.

Special things he/ she does. (i.e. my second son used to giggle in his sleep. As a newborn he refused to sleep in the hard plastic basinets the hospital provided. He would only sleep either with me or a very cushy spot.)

Hopefully this what you were asking for and I am on the right track.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to jaxxan

I did a page showing my baby belly and how I found out etc., a page about the meaning of his name, and a page about his birth story.....I did a lot of journal heavy pages in the beginning of his baby book to tell his story.....
I have a few pictures in my gallery if you want to look but they're not all there yet.....

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to kiyawinn

sounds cute! I bought about three months ago a baby style smash book!!!! I don't think I will be needing it - if you want you can have it my only issue is the cost of mailing can be pricey and I am on a very tight budget.

Isbaha
Isbaha 
Veteran
Isbaha
In response to mindygail

Not clever and innovative at all, but for my three boys, I did one layout by month, with my favorite pics, and a journaling about his evolution, with an absolutely-not brilliant title like... June 2014, lol! But it works for me.

Expert
In response to Isbaha

I had a baby girl 7 months ago. I started her scrapbook and for the first page I used the birth announcement we had for her.
I did a seperate smaller album for my pregnancy as it was my first.
Have fun with it. It doesn't have to be perfect! It's the memories that count!

OntarioSue
New Kid On the Block
OntarioSue
In response to scrappy_day

I did one page for my granddaughter when she was just a wee baby, and it was just a pic of her dear little feet. Still one of my favourites!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to OntarioSue

You can check out what I have up of my Son's scrapbook and feel free to ask me any questions.

Morgans Scrapbook

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics