Username Post: Summer plans?        (Topic#1596909)
bonprof
Diva
bonprof

What are your summer plans and what collections will you use to scrap summer memories?Today is the first day of summer. I took a 7 mile bike ride and got some beautiful pics. What paper will I use?Need ideas, please.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to bonprof

you have got to try graphic 45 secret garden I bought it about 4 months ago and I LOVE IT!!!! it is really pretty and fitting for photos of the outdoors.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to mindygail

I agree with mindygail. G45 is so pretty.

My summer plans? Stay cool, I live just this side of hell aka Texas.

I must finish the scrapbook of mom's pictures. But I am dragging my feet. 80's not much fun to work with. And I have a hoosier cabinet that needs to be painted so....

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to southgirl

I am finishing up summer school Friday. In July my husband and I will be going to TX to see our daughter performing in 1776 then to the lake for 10 days. Love that relaxing time with the pontoon boat- only rules/expectation- no clocks/watches, sleep when you are tired, and eat when you are hungry. I have a 3 day scrap retreat then who knows from there!! Have to be back at school by August 4 for training. Hope to squeeze in some more scrapping during the days I am home.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to idlewoman

That sounds great! I know you will enjoy your time! I love having time to rest and just "plan not to plan".

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to bonprof

Summer plans: Trying to spend as much time as possible with the kids

I am just using my stash up. I haven't bought anything new for a few months. For your bike pictures, how about a bike stamp and then you can stamp your own embellishments or make background paper with it.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Jennifer Priest

well this summer going to do a lot of camping and maybe hopeful go to cali to see my parents and family members.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Jennifer Priest

Great idea, thanks!!

chinagirl
Tenant
chinagirl
In response to bonprof

Were having our Family Reunion tomorrw and I hoping to get some great pics and maybe do a SS Snap album. That's my goal anyways Oh & enjoy as much family time as I can.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to bonprof

The x husband is coming to get my son tomorrow for 2-3 weeks. Hate this time of year cause I hate not having my son at home.. I'm a worrier and will miss him terribly.

So I will hopefully get lots of scrapping done!

I just got the echo park slendid sunshine line and We r memories chalkboard line too and BoBunny's Hello sunshine line and BoBunny's Anthem line too Bluss some Bobunny stamps and prima lace and doilies from prima and sei.

Gotta keep myself busy or i'll go nuts

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Cindyckj

well I hope to go back to Yellowstone and maybe camp out there.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to southern lady

awesome plans!!! I have none....... no really not a single plan has been made but that is typical of my soon to be ex bf!!!! boo hoo NOT I am not feeling all sorry for myself!!!!!
my kids and their aunt and uncle are gonna go on a little trip somewhere!!! maybey I can join???

Expert
In response to mindygail

...just trying to make it to the first day of school with my two boys...there are days it's a struggle to keep them from killing each other!

In the meantime we'll do a lot of the usual summer fun, but we also have a family reunion this weekend and maybe a trip to Kansas City at the beginning of August.

I was going back and forth on which summer line I wanted to get this year--I liked the Echo Park one but it was too similar to what I used from them last year. I just decided yesterday to go with the Simple stories line because its cute and because they are now offering their designs through the Silhouette online store...as print & cuts even!!!

Cloverlady
Diva
Cloverlady
In response to HuskerMom98

nothing exciting planned for summer. We are saving money this year and doing staycations. We will just be doing day trips and local things. We want to build our savings back up as we redid our kitchen this year (which I totally love and which was so in need of it). I am fine with that though. I am going to the scrapbook expo in St Charles, IL in August and that should be fun. Not sure yet which papers I will be using I will see what we do. I do have a paper line in mind for the kitchen page remodel. I like the architectural aspect of this collection and the colors compliment my kitchen colors. I ordered it but have not received it yet.
http://www.clubscrapshop.com/store/p/3646-Tin-Tile s-Ann...

Edited by Cloverlady on 07-02-14 09:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to HuskerMom98

• HuskerMom98 Said:
...just trying to make it to the first day of school with my two boys...there are days it's a struggle to keep them from killing each other!

In the meantime we'll do a lot of the usual summer fun, but we also have a family reunion this weekend and maybe a trip to Kansas City at the beginning of August.

I just ordered that same paper but in paper form. lol Seen so many cute lo's lately using that line
I was going back and forth on which summer line I wanted to get this year--I liked the Echo Park one but it was too similar to what I used from them last year. I just decided yesterday to go with the Simple stories line because its cute and because they are now offering their designs through the Silhouette online store...as print & cuts even!!!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Cindyckj

Well, We joined the swim team or the first time this year, a new experience!! The first meet was supposed to be this afternoon, but a line of thunderstorms and a possible tornado passed thru our area and cancelled us...The meet schedule will keep us FILLED thru the month of July, but I plan on hitting the pool or a beach as much as humanly possible this summer, as well as getting in a trip to Sesame Place theme park in PA, and hopefully a camping trip or two. Whew that's a LOT!!!

Christy S
Tenant
Christy S
In response to Juansmom

My husband works in the resort industry, so we plan to stay home all summer. I am hoping for a nice fireworks display on the 4th.

As far as scrapbooking summer, I plan to use Echo Park papers, Pink Paislee's Hello Sunshine along with some of my older stash like Pink Paislee Hometown Summer.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics