Username Post: Incorporate some fabric from my old wedding gown to a LO        (Topic#1596995)
Tenant

My 55 year old wedding gown was caught in a flood many years ago. It has since been washed. Now I am making a scrapbook of family brides for my about to be married granddaughter. Any suggestions on how to incorporate some lace and silk onto my page?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RehobothPat

Make some flowers with the fabric! There are lots of tutorials on making fabric flowers. A suggestion for the lace besides adding to the flowers is to simply use it instead of ribbon or washi tape

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Rosita

I used ruched tulle to mat a wedding photo. It wasn't tulle from the dress, but it looked perfect. Lace borders look amazing with a vintage look too.

Tenant
In response to RedSquirrel

I love your idea! Pat

Tenant
In response to Rosita

Don't know why I didn't think of that! Good ideas. Thanks, Pat

Resident

I don't have any ideas, but just wanted to say what a beautiful gift you are creating for your Granddaughter.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to christiscraps61

For my granddaughter's album on her prom page, I made an enlarged picture of her in her prom dress that she made, then gathered some of the fabric to make it into a dress that I adhered to the photo. It turned out cute and she has the "real thing" for her memories. It looks better in person than in a picture :>) (It's the big upper-left picture on the LO.)

Now you've got me thinking about doing this with my own wedding dress, except I don't know if any of the gds will want to wear it for their wedding sometime. Maybe I shouldn't cut a piece out of it yet :>)

Graduation-019 Dress Notes By Mrsdriver5

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Here is what I did. This is for my Book of Me... That is lace from my dress.

Wedding Dresses By Sunnydi

Tenant

I keep thinking about your suggestion. Is it pictured anywhere on scrapbook.com? Pat

Tenant
In response to christiscraps61

Thank you for your sweet comment. Pat

Tenant
In response to Sunnydi

Sunnydi, How did you do this with the lace, if you don't mind telling me. Pat

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

• RehobothPat Said:
I keep thinking about your suggestion. Is it pictured anywhere on scrapbook.com? Pat

Hi Pat, no I'm sorry. It was a page I made for a friend for her daughter's wedding album and I don't have their permission to share it.

All I did was to take a 3" wide strip of the tulle, like tutu fabric that had been cut off. I ran a thread along one edge and gathered it slightly. I placed it in a circle on the page and put two portrait photos together in the middle to hide the gathered edge.

Actually I have a card that I used a similar effect for. See if this link works? Card

Tenant

No, it doesn't work for me. When I click on Card it tells me No Access! Too bad. Thank you anyway. pat

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

I think I fixed it Pat. Have a look now?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I have seen people put the satin on the page..cover half the page with the satin & put tulle over it,,or lace over it..I have dress fabric too that I am going to do that, You could cover the whole page with the satin or lace use it as a background. She is going to love it.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11

beautiful card what good ideas so sweet of you to do that for her!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics