Username Post: Advice        (Topic#1597023)
chinagirl
Tenant
chinagirl

Hi ladies,

I need your advice on a layout I'm working on. I was getting creative & made this cute (well I think it is) and wondering how do I matte it or should I leave it as is. Any advice would be helpful. I can't figure out how to add the picture, but its in my gallery titled circles if you don't mind taking a quick peek. Thanks.

Expert
In response to chinagirl

That is cute! I wouldn't mat the group of circles, but I don't very often mat. How about adding some small circles of the blue in the corners and tucking them under the photos so just semi circles of colour show in places....not sure if I am making sense, I can see it in my head. That would add the hint of colour around the photos without "encasing" them, kwim? Gorgeous baby

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to chinagirl

I actually mat my photos BUT I wouldn't mat these. They need something though..perhaps a journaling card tucked on one side and a small cluster of flowers on the left

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to bonprof

How do you feel about stitching around the photos, like frames around each circle?

chinagirl
Tenant
chinagirl
In response to MommaSaid

Christi, I like your idea...I'll try it! Thanks

Bonprof, I agree it needs something. I don't know if I have enough room for flowers but I'll try that too!!

Momma said...stitching sounds fab, but I don't have a sewing machine & I dont quit understand how that works. I'm still getting my feet wet 😃

Thank you ladies for replying & giving me some great advice.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to chinagirl

Yeah, I don't own a sewing machine, either. I use needle and floss.

It's a cute page!

chinagirl
Tenant
chinagirl
In response to MommaSaid

Thank you. Oh, so that's the trick. I'll look on YouTube.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to chinagirl

This is a good tool for stitching circles.
Products Referenced in This Post:

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to andrea m

Have you got a paper piercer? Or a darning needle and mouse-mat? Why not just pierce the holes, then run a thin marker over the holes to look like stitching?

It's going to be a pretty LO when it's done - great work!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics