Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: **Book of Me (BOM) - July** Everyone Welcome        (Topic#1597121)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly BOM Challenge for July 2014.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to make a Book of Me (BOM) or expand their BOM or just get motivated to work on their BOM. I'm making it a monthly challenge as that seems to give us all more urgency to make us work on a project. Couple it with some of the other challenges out there- Page Maps, Monthly Sketch, Monochrome, Sewing... There are so many & you'll at least get one LO done for YOU.

Or - you could use these topics each month to work on a Smash Book of you - just share your page or pages that correspond to the topics :)

So many times we scrap our family, but not ourselves- as if we are less important. I so wish my mother had put a note or something behind some of those photos of her & now she's gone & I cannot ask. Leave something for the future generations about the magical & wonderful person you are.

These are topics to inspire you- not to be followed to the letter. So be creative. The idea is to tell YOUR story. Pictures are a plus, but not required on your pages. The idea is to work it as a smash book or regular scrapbook pages, 1-2 page layouts.

Topic 1: Happy Place We talk about our ‘Happy Place’ many times when we’re under stress. But is your happy place a tranquil location you refer back to? Or is it a fun & inspiring activity/location? Is it in your past or present? Do you mentally visit there? Or physically? Is it in your home? Or somewhere you walk or drive? Describe your happy place & give us the details about where & when it is.

Topic 2: Travel - Do you vacation in the summer? Talk about a memorable vacation or trip, near or far from your past- recent to childhood. What makes it so memorable? Why did you travel there? Did you want to go or not? Did you plan the trip? Was it a family trip?

Topic 3: July - If you are in the US, do you celebrate the 4th of July? How? What stands out to you about that holiday? If you are not in the US, is there a special day that you celebrate in July? Same thing- what stands out to you? What makes it special? People? Location? The nostalgia? Do you go somewhere or do people gather at your house? Do you meet others at a specific location? Is this a tradition?

You are also welcome to share other BOM pages you make- just those not on topic won't be linked to the front

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. On the right-hand side under the small icons of your gallery, click on ‘Link'.
3. When the pop up window opens, click on 'IMG code' button. Choose a larger size if you’d like.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
+you can also check the box at the time you upload as well & save having to edit.

Your pages:

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to charcats7

You always have such great ideas for these and then I completely forget and not do one! I so want to do the first one especially. I'll give it a go.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to AuntyT

Glad you like them Tayrah- jump right in

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to charcats7

Can you link this to the challenge page.

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to GingerH

i want to try to finally get one done.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to YourScrapAttack

I am really loving your topics. Please add me to this one too. Fun challenge

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to jazzescrapper

Great ideas. I'd like to join. I didn't get one done from last month but I do plan to do it.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to lgtaylor100

count me in on this one please char

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to scrappinglyn

welcome everyone- glad you like the topics

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

As I imagined, I didn't scrap any in June with the grandkids here, but had such a great month with them. They are back home and the house sure is quiet - I miss my shadows. Will be doing lots of scrapping this month - more Project Life format so I can get it all down before I forget what a great time we had. Love you topics and will definitely include them - thanks for your work on this thread.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

Hi all- been sick all week so just getting back to my scrap room- on meds now but still can't get rid of the cough Hoping to work on my pages here tomorrow.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn

• PamStewart.Iowa Said:
As I imagined, I didn't scrap any in June with the grandkids here, but had such a great month with them. They are back home and the house sure is quiet - I miss my shadows. Will be doing lots of scrapping this month - more Project Life format so I can get it all down before I forget what a great time we had. Love you topics and will definitely include them - thanks for your work on this thread.

At end of day pam family comes first and having valuable time with the grandchildren is second to none,
I love visiting hand having my grandchildren , in fact the week commencing 21st of this month i am going to spend a few days with them as they live 60 miles approx away from me , Plus go to hospitial to see my one on the way on a scan , so cant wait for that either.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to scrappinglyn

Hi everyone- July seems to be a slow scrap month like June was. I'm hoping to get something done Saturday- have to play clean up tomorrow so I have room to work again.

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

I'm trying to play clean up, too, Lyn - not in the mood, but had completely rearranged my house for the grandkids and have to get it put back together. Also, we sold my Dad's house and will close on the 17th so I will begin getting bids, etc to remodel my basement. But first I have to move out more boxes so the contractor can "see" the basement. LOL

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

JCI

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to charcats7

I'm so far behind this month I will do what I can lol

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to GingerH

I did one, yea, happy dance!

My happy place, my Tae Kwon Do dojang.

House of the Blue Wave Chung Do Kwan By AuntyT

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to AuntyT

Okay everyone- since the past 2 months has been soooooo busy for everyone- I'm going to combine June & July's topics together for August- hopefully we'll all be able to get a couple done

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to charcats7

oh good

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to GingerH

links to next month's challenges are in my signature

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options