Username Post: **July SMASH Book ** Everyone Welcome        (Topic#1597123)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly SMASH Book Challenge for July 2014.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to work on their Smash Books & need some ideas & inspiration.

A Smash Book is something you buy (K&Co have quite a few, type Smash Book on the SB.com search box & you’ll see a selection; also CTMH has 2 Crush books that aren’t so topic oriented) or something you make- turn a journal into a memory collecting book. Or even choose a size of paper to use as the base & then bind the book together yourself. Really no rules here. Or you can use it to add pages to a Book of Me album or other such scrap project/album.

Topic 1: Water – Do you go to the pool during the summer- or better yet, have a pool? Slip & slide or sprinkler fun for the kids? What summer activity do you do (or dream of- say the beach) in the hot month of July?

Topic 2: Holiday Celebration In America we celebrate the 4th of July for our Independence Day. How do you celebrate? Fireworks? BBQ? Or if you aren’t in the US, is there a July holiday you celebrate?

Topic 3: Travel Near or far- do you travel during July? Whether it’s a day trip or a week’s vacation- tell us a little about your trip. If it’s something you do annually- mention about that & why & how long you’ve been doing that adventure.

Topic 4: Routine Is your summer routine different than other times of the year? What’s different? Kids? Yard work? Vacation prep? Party prep or attendance?

Do all the topics or just one- it’s up to you. No rules- just inspiration to SMASH

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. On the right-hand side under the small icons of your gallery, click on ‘Link'.
3. When the pop up window opens, click on 'IMG code' button. Choose a larger size if you’d like.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread and tell us which TOPIC you are posting for.

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
+you can also check the box at the time you upload as well & save having to edit.

Topic 1- Water:

Topic 2- Holiday Celebration:

Topic 3- -Travel:

Topic 4- Routine:

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to charcats7

me please

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to YourScrapAttack

I'm in....Stampin Up has several and they are called This & That. I have one and have never used it. This challenge may help me start.

scrappinglyn
Guru
scrappinglyn
In response to jazzescrapper

sorry char didnt get round to doing this last mon th ran out of time so busy hence the first catagrie i will be doing this month is number 4 and got 2 great pics for this , lol

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to scrappinglyn

I'm in again

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to msmama

welcome everyone- jump right in

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to charcats7

Love the topics this month. I have had a bit of a scrapping block lately. I hope to finish something soon.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to lcmemories

I hear ya Laura- I've been sick for a week now- went to doc Saturday before our BBQ- for which I stayed away from everyone It was a good day overall considering & everyone had a good time. Still have a cough and am not feeling as better as I think I should with the antibiotics and all so just not feeling like scrapping. Been doing cards & stuff.

scrappinglyn
Guru
scrappinglyn
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I hear ya Laura- I've been sick for a week now- went to doc Saturday before our BBQ- for which I stayed away from everyone It was a good day overall considering & everyone had a good time. Still have a cough and am not feeling as better as I think I should with the antibiotics and all so just not feeling like scrapping. Been doing cards & stuff.

Sorry to hear you are not well hope you recover soon

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to scrappinglyn

Finally feeling better today- went back to doc & got a shot of a booster antibiotic & something for the cough- which has not been letting me rest- hopefully I can sleep tonight.

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to charcats7

I am ACU

Smash – 3 pages include Holiday Celebration, Water, and Travel

2014 Week 26 By Msmama

2014 Week 27 By Msmama

2014 Week 28 By Msmama

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to msmama

Coleen, your smash pages are awesome. Just the inspiration I needed.

I think I have a couple of photos picked out for water . . . I had to travel for work last week down to the Coast, and after I finished, I went down to the beach, took off my shoes and walked down to the water. I took some photos with my cell phone that I think I can use. Hope to have something to share later today or first thing tomorrow.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to lcmemories

jci . . .

I have a couple of smash pages laid out, but still putting the finishing touches on those. I am going out of town this weekend, but I will be back Monday. I will try to check in between when I can.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics