Username Post: Bent Border Die        (Topic#1597361)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-08-14 10:02 AM

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this question has been asked... I tried doing a search and couldn't come up with anything.

I ordered a border die on ebay (it is discontinued) and it arrived bent in two places. It's a 12" border die and in one spot it's kind of just curved but in another spot there's a pretty significant bend. Will it still work or do I need to send it back to the seller? I don't know if the big kick will just kind of flatten it back out or not but I don't want to open the packaging to try it because then they might not accept the return.

Thanks in advance!

Veteran
In response to Vae

If it wasn't as promised, I would send it back. Better safe than sorry when dealing with ebay, in my opinion.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Vae

I have never had this happen, but the first thing I thought was will it eventually break in the spot where the bend is/was. I know I've taken thin metal and have gone back and forth with it and soon it was in 2 pieces!!
So even if the Big Kick flattens it into shape, will it eventually crack in half from the pressure?

I would send it back just to be safe. Good luck.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to ChansGram

Is there a visible crease in it, or is it just slightly curved? If the former, I'd complain because yes that damaged part will crack over time. If it's just a bend, it will flatten out and even if it doesn't, the pressure in the rollers should still cut it.

Could it have been damaged in the mail do you think?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-08-14 01:35 PM
In response to RedSquirrel

Thank you ladies! I went ahead and contacted them. I was worried that, since it is a discontinued item, they might not have another one, but they do YAY! They said they'll send out a replacement tomorrow. Hopefully this one will be packaged better.

Yes, it does look like it was bent in the mail. It was sent in bubble wrap envelope but no cardboard or anything, and it didn't say "Please do not bend" on the outside. I'm not sure if that even helps anymore, but hopefully the next one will come through okay.

I haven't opened it and there's a foam backing on it, so I can't really see if the metal itself is creased. It looks like it's just bent really bad, but it's bad enough that I don't want to risk it.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

Oh good for you.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics