Username Post: Scrap Rack thoughts?        (Topic#1597377)
New Kid On the Block

Do you have one? Have you thought about getting one? Or another version/idea of the concept? Please share.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to nana2callie

what exactly is it and could you send over a link to show me what it is I am guessing it is a huge binder with all of your stickes etc in am I wrong???
mg

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I thought about it briefly, but it looks so bulky and heavy.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to bonprof

I have seen people bring these humongous racks to crops. I bought one of the standing Clip It Ups. It holds a ton and I can see it all.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to 950nancy

can someone please tell me what a scrap rack IS??

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mindygail

I didn't know either Mindy, so I Googled it. We're not supposed to post links on here, so I guess you'll have to Google it too. It's a folder system with pockets for literally all types of embellishments so that you have everything you own all up together.

I think to be strong enough to hold so much, it would be heavy before you've even put things into it. But I've never seen one in person so I don't know.

Actually I just looked and they have some in the Superstore here. Go and check it out?

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to RedSquirrel

I have one and love it. If you've ever been to an auto parts store and seen the catalog racks the clerks use to look up your parts, that's what a Scraprack looks like. Yes, it's heavy, but since I don't plan to move it I really like mine.

It has pages in different configurations (think WeR divided pages) that fit different item sizes. I have my scrap papers divided into colors, and patterns vs cardstock. Easy to flip through and see what I have. I have several pages devoted to borders and other long narrow items. Also pages of different types of fibers, tags, etc. It holds my transparencies, specialty papers, 12x12 alpha sheets and other stray 12x12 embellie sheets.

I also have the Clip-It-UP, which I like equally as well for different purposes. It's a wonderful place the store all of those flat packages of embellies, ribbon, bling, etc. You can see everything at a glance, wonderful!

Cloverlady
Diva
Cloverlady
In response to NMscrapper

I bought a scraprack and it is a bit heavy but it is not really meant to be moves around a lot. I love it because U seem to use my embellishments more not that they are out in the open. I could never come up with a good way of storing them this is easy to flip through and find what you need.

Aeryn Kelly
Tenant
Aeryn Kelly
In response to Cloverlady

I think if I had started out storing things that way, it might have made more sense. I had less stuff in the beginning, you know? As it is, all my stuff is in the small Alex drawer unit or the cubes of my 2x4 Expedit. Imagining trying to store art supplies and such in a rack now just boggles my mind, let alone the cost of all those protector things.

New Kid On the Block

I used to have the whole system and sold it as it didn't really work for me. The base is heavy and what I found is that it didn't work for the chipboard pieces I wanted to store and that the pages often sagged. I also noticed that on the embellishment pages, the ones with all the pop out pockets break easily. I'm also limited on space so that was another reason I didn't keep it, it stores nice but I didn't really have anywhere to set it. I do still have one the travel binders with sleeves, which I like better, I can just pull out the binder and put it back when I'm done.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to mrsrfwii

I have one and I love it. It does take time to set up and you have to be the type of person who will put embellishments away right when you buy them.. I never move mine and can stand up and find an embellishment in 15 seconds max.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Sunnydi

oh I thought that is exactly what it was - not for me I don't think BUT I really bad want to buy (SOMEWHERE) a simply renee clip it up gotta get me one of those!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to mindygail

I started my own version of the scrap rack and I love it. My daughter wasn't using her art desk (it tilts a little) so I hijacked it from her. I also was using my Cinch it to make my albums into books, so I had a ton of blank 12x12 pages

Her system works in that I just did the calendar section, and the themes sections. For those that are trying to get organized, she does these classes that I've done and they're pretty helpful.

The rings are rings from a. 3 ring binder with Velcro on the back. You can buy industrial strength Velcro from a big box hard ware store (I got mine at lowes) and had tons iof binders laying around from my kids to tear apart.

I really like the system, and now I only buy what can be put away in the system. I've found I'll get something because it had a nice pattern and yet never use it. But themed stuff I use because I'm a chronological scrapper....

I also made a clip it up using the shoe rack system (saw it in you tube) and it worked, but I use it to store my stamps on it. It totally didn't work for me for stickers, but what works for one doesn't work for another. Hope that makes sense,

Can't wait for stores to start stocking back to school so I can pick up some more 3 ring binders for my scraprack!!

Just wanted to give you a different viewpoint.
Shawn

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to shawnandjeremy

I have a similar system to the scraprack. I use 3 ring 12x12 binders and sort everything into categories. I use some of the scraprack pages in these binders. The binders sit on a shelf and look just like scrapbooks. I slide them off the shelf onto the floor when I need to find something in them.

This system works great for me because now everything truly has a place, which makes finding things and clean up really quick and easy.

There are pictures in my gallery (I don't remember how to link to here - sorry!)

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to shawnandjeremy

• shawnandjeremy Said:
I started my own version of the scrap rack and I love it. My daughter wasn't using her art desk (it tilts a little) so I hijacked it from her. I also was using my Cinch it to make my albums into books, so I had a ton of blank 12x12 pages

Her system works in that I just did the calendar section, and the themes sections. For those that are trying to get organized, she does these classes that I've done and they're pretty helpful.

The rings are rings from a. 3 ring binder with Velcro on the back. You can buy industrial strength Velcro from a big box hard ware store (I got mine at lowes) and had tons iof binders laying around from my kids to tear apart.

I really like the system, and now I only buy what can be put away in the system. I've found I'll get something because it had a nice pattern and yet never use it. But themed stuff I use because I'm a chronological scrapper....

I also made a clip it up using the shoe rack system (saw it in you tube) and it worked, but I use it to store my stamps on it. It totally didn't work for me for stickers, but what works for one doesn't work for another. Hope that makes sense,

Can't wait for stores to start stocking back to school so I can pick up some more 3 ring binders for my scraprack!!

Just wanted to give you a different viewpoint.
Shawn

I have seen homemade scrap racks and wondered how the binders didn't move with all of that weight. Good to know it really does work! I tried several homemade clip it ups and they were a bust. I have too much stuff.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to 950nancy

I bought my Scrap Rack some years back. I thought it was expensive but knew I was not going to take the time to make a simulation. Since I had no dedicated work space or storage space at the time, I did not set the rack up on the stand. I put everything in the storage pages, put those on the "spinders" and stuck those down to the velcro portion and laid it flat in an underbed storage box. When I was scrapping, I could slide the box out and flip through the pages. I found that I did not like storing my cardstock and papers in it but it is full of a ton of other stuff. Also I have not been able to keep the pages from sagging now that I do have the rack set up as it is meant to be used, but I still love it.

Melissa920
Tenant
Melissa920
In response to Ms. Fit

I had one plus an extension and after about a year discovered that it wasn't working for me. The protectors would slide around or product would fall out.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics